Allstate Express Moving and Storage, Inc. / Long Distance Move

1 150 35th StreetBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-788-3350

I hired this company for a long distance move from NJ (2/08/07) to FL. The written estimate they gave me was $2, 650. The actual cost of the move was $5, 830. They never gave me the following: a pamphlet of my "Rights and Responsibilities When You Move"; itemized inventory of every carton and uncartoned item in the shipment (they did the packing); weigh ticket (everything was charged in cubic feet); order for service. The Bill of Lading had nothing on it but a new price. When they arrived in FL on 2/15/08 (2 days late), it was early evening and they were in quite a hurry...they had to go to Miami. There were several boxes missing, broken items of value (my grandmother's dish being one of them), crushed and wet cartons, water stains on my wood tables and leather furmiture. The contract stated that they would reassemble all furniture, which they did not, except for 2 beds, after I insisted. I contacted the company the next day and followed up with several phone calls. I took photos of everything and e-mailed them, which they did review. On 3/11/08, I wrote to them and included all photos. I sent a follow-up letter on 3/29/07. Again, I continued to call, practically every other day. I even spoke with the owner, Eli, several times. In Sept. they made me an offer, which they failed to honor. The carrier has never responded in writing and has REFUSED to. It is not their policy. They have never responded to any filed complaints or inquiries.

Comments

• Ya
      19th of Jun, 2008

My complaint is EXACTlY the same:
    I was shopping around various moving companies to move me from NY to CA and finally decided on All State Express Moving because their sales representative, Danny, convinced me that there were no hidden charges and whatever he quoted me was EXACTLY what I would pay at the time of pickup. I stressed repeatedly that I wanted to know EXACTLY what I was going to pay to avoid surprises at pickup. The sales rep promised the world and guaranteed that the quote was the exact price and there will be no surprises. On the day of my pickup, the movers revealed the quoted square footage on the truck and if I went over, I would have to pay more. The area quoted was only big enough to fit a mattress and futon but I have much more, which was noted when the sales rep accepted my order. Halfway through the move, the movers indicated actual price would be somewhere around $2400-DOUBLE the original $1200 price as promised by the sales rep. The space quoted was VERY inaccurate and it is in the fault of the company to cheat the customer and estimate space to fit nothing close to the inventory list I gave to the company. The company quotes cheap so they can make a sale. I understand quoting not on side isn’t completely accurate, but I provided a VERY accurate inventory list.
    At the time of booking, I stressed that I needed my items on 5/15 at the very latest. Since the pickup was on 5/2, the sales rep stressed there would be no issues if I called on 5/4, which I did. My items did not get delivered until May 22. The conclusion with All State Express Moving is their sales force promises the world to customers just to make a sale and delivers the complete opposite and provide nothing but headache and worries during an important time of transition for people. DON’T PROMISE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN’T DELIVER! I have moved 2 previous times across country with no worries but this last moving experience was the move from hell. I will do whatever it takes to warn anyone considering All State Express Moving to STAY AWAY!

• De
      15th of Jul, 2008

I moved with this same company on 7/2/08 and i was happy with the move i must say ladies sorry, my quote was for $1, 850.00 and that is what i paid i gave then a inventory list 30 items and they picked up 30 items, all companies are different and i've moved 6 times in my 45 years and i've recieved horrible moves, im still fighting in court with a moving company and never saw my stuff until this very day on my second move i got hit with so much different charges i thought it was the the federal government and this was a large professional company, 4 bedroom house was worth $15, 525 dollars on this move i consider myself lucky and i had no damages too, my stuff were old and ancient thats the bussiness im running over all i understand you conserns but you should consider yourself luck, compare to my moves that i had and don't let me give you my best friend move, you'll be even more thankful, i think this is a very descent ompany that does deserve a traching there explainion is clear as day i did what the said and now i can represent them because i know what is out there in moving company there not the best but im a happy customer
    byw: i moves from King of Prussia, PA to San Diego, CA

Debbie Fox,

You are one of the lucky ones...go to the BBB in NY and see all the complaints against them.

Edie

Yalan,

I sent you an e-mail. Tehy are ###!

Edie

31st of Jul, 2008

As of today, July 31st, Allstate Express Moving and Storeage has REFUSED to respond to any of my complaints...Trust me, I am not through with them.

• Te
      4th of Feb, 2009

SAME STORY!!! Had them move us from CT to FL. Broken furniture, broken equipment, stolen brand new computer, damaged motorcycle, and def. not returning calls and they seriously don't care. On top of things, I had been quoted by previous companies who surveyed my apartment and stated I had a maximum of 500 cu. ft., they quoted me I had 1200 cu ft ...So from a promising price of $1250.00, they charged me $3000.00 AND I had no choice. It was either that or they throw my things on the side of the street and charge me $800.00 for packing materials...What a horrible company. Nothing but money hungry ###. The manager, the sales rep, the csut. service, everything is miserable in that company when dealing with any of those lying ###s..

• Ml
      9th of Aug, 2009

8/9/09

My God!! I have to say that I am so in shock!!! I guess my story was going to be similar too.. they have this power or convincing people to get their quote... They quote me for 1200 from CT to Fl. They charge my card, and schedule to pick up tomorrow... at 5am... I booked my ticket for flight on Tuesday morning this week... and they just called me only hours before they should be here saying that THEY HAVE A CONSTRUCTION IN FRONT OF THEIR OFFICES AND THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO GET A TRUCK OUT!!! Can you imagine how I been feeling today??????? I have to leave on 1 day... I have everything already pack and I HAVE JUST A RUDDDDDDD LADY CALL TO SAY THAT, DID NOT EXPLAIN AND SAID THAT SHE JUST INFORMING THAT THEY HAVE CANCELED MY MOVING DATE AND HANGUP ON ME...

NOW I have to see if I will get my money back!!

• Ir
      4th of Jan, 2010

Hi Guys,
    Help me here i am reading all of your notes above .. i am planning a move from MD to FL.. I just recevied a quote from allstateexprees moving for 1500 ... i got another quote from another co for the same items for 2800 .00 can someone tell me if they used a realiable carrier with a resonable price..
    thankd for you help

• Bl
      6th of Nov, 2011

I lost two-thirds of everything I have ever owned when I used this excuse for a company. It was the 14th time I have moved, and the *first* time I have experienced outright crime via "movers". It is still hard to accept the drastic loss, damage, and thievery. I have been to two lawyers, and I have been told by both that it would be a waste of my money to sue, as THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT INSURED. They pretend to have an insurance company, but I have talked to them, and this is only for vehicle accidents in transit. One could argue that LOSING things in transit might fall under the definition, but let me tell you -- it is a waste of life and breath to interact with these poor excuses for souls. IF YOU DON'T LISTEN YOU ARE TRULY AN IDIOT: THESE ARE FOUL LEECHES WHO LIE PROFESSIONALLY AND WILL LEVEL YOU FINANCIALLY AND EMOTIONALLY. THEY ARE CRIMINALS. *Both* my lawyers will vouch for this. I have lost most of that which was important to me. Thank you Allstate. I will gladly name names for anyone still not convinced.

• Bl
      6th of Nov, 2011

I hope they're dead. That is as nice as I can be. These are the [censored]bags of society you only wish you would never encounter. I wish I had my ### back.

• Kh
      4th of Sep, 2012

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM!