Allstate / decision on a collision

Ashburn, VA, United States

Claim # [protected]
We were struck by another vehicle in the parking lot of the Dulles Expo Center in Virginia on Sunday, October 8th. The situation was that we pulled into the parking lot near one of the entrances to the building. Two cars were parked near the entrance in our lane for an obviously large event. We sat in our car for several minutes thinking that the cars would move. However, no one was in the cars, so we pulled around them. Once we were in the other lane, we had to slow almost to a stop to maneuver our car away from the curb to keep from bumping the curb. While we were in that process, a woman driving from behind hit us in the rear drivers side door. She did not stop immediately which pushed our car a bit side ways and forward. She immediately backed her car up after the collision, so that we weren't able to get pictures of exactly what happened. We did not move our car so that we could at least show where we were. We called the police. They came but would not do an official report because this happened on private property. We let Allstate know of the situation with full faith that we would be taken care of. However, that has not been the case. I was told on the phone by Kelsey Minor before an official decision was made that it would appear from where our car was struck that the fault would lie with the other driver. Kelsey did not ask me questions when we talked on the phone, even though I was in the car. She asked my husband minimal questions as well. We did send her pictures, which if I had known the problems we would be having, I would e known to take more pictures from different angles. We are now being told that Allstate will not subrogate to get our money back because of two things: 1. Because my husband pulled around a car in a parking lot. 2. Because the other driver is saying she was already there.
I was there and I can tell you that if we had not pulled around the parked vehicles in front of us that we would've been sitting there for possibly hours. I cannot believe that ALLSTATE can't use common sense in this part of the situation. Secondly, the other driver was most definitely NOT already there. I can't even see how that's not obvious from the pictures and damage to our car. We hope and fully expect this to be re-evaluated. I'm happy to answer more questions and so is my husband. I actually have more pictures as well, but felt that they were too many to send to Kelsey, so I tried to pick the ones I thought best. I would appreciate your reply to let me know what ALLSTATE will be doing next. Thank you.
Angela Stewart