Allstate Auto Insurance / grossly undervalued my vehicle

I encountered a total loss on my 2006 Ford f-250 p/up truck. They offered me $6000.00 less than the cost to replace it, and have offered less than a third of the cost to replace my heavy duty bumpers, tool box, and lumber rack. They used one comp over 200 miles from where I live. Yet, they can not provide any comps in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I have been with out a vehicle for nearly a month and to protest this will take another 3- 4 weeks.

I am a reasonable person, but they are absurd and will not reason with the facts.

Va

Comments

• Sn
      29th of Sep, 2010

My recent accident w/an Allstate insured person left me hospitalized in ICU and my motorcycle totaled. I received an offer twice and both times it is substantially lower than it should be to be "pre-accident" condition. I am fighting the claim with no success. To replace my bike with the exact parts & type of materials, then I would have to repurchase all those products at retail value. Allstate claims that my value for the bike does not fall under retail, however, private ownership. Ridiculous! You really think a dealership is going to not offer me "retail" prices?!