Allied Publishers of Mid Alantic / not as promised and harassing phone calls

NY, United States Review updated:
I have tried to cancel this and all I get is rude people telling me they will garnish my wages.
The magazines I do get now are sending me renewal slips. on one of the phone calls I ask the person about this and he said "I don't know what to tell you" just pay your payments. I don't want this service, I don't get the magazines I ordered. I want this to stop. I have ask them to no longer call me at work but they continue. What can I do to make this go away?

Comments

Ca
  12th of Mar, 2009
Dont pay them!!! Its no written agreement, so just dont pay them. Im not...they send me magazines i dont want so its thier fault they keep sending the mags.
Da
  6th of Aug, 2009
I have the same problem. They are rude, nasty, snotty and they WILL NOT cancel the program. The last guy I talked to, name on request, told me to file bankruptcy. This is a scam but a legal one. The law is on their side as they are covered by the 14 day trial period. If you cancel before the 14th day you are out of it by law. If it goes over the 14day period and you are over 18 then you have entered into a contract and no one can help you on that.

I tracked them on the BBB site and went to see my local district attorney and he signed me up for their fraud division but to no avail. I am stuck with the service. SO BE VERY AWARE OF THESE SCAMS COMING IN BY E MAIL, INTERNET, AND TELEPHONE. JUST SAY NO! ! ! ! !
Vk
  21st of Jan, 2010
I am having the same problem with them. I have called them, sent them letters, asked the post office to return all magazines, but the the threatening phone calls and letters won't stop. I can't believe they get away with doing this to hard working people. I will never give them any money nor will I buy any magazines from companies that use them to sell their magazines.