Allied Bank / Discrimination

1 Philippines Review updated:

I applied for a Mastercard at Allied Bank about 3 months ago. After waiting for the Bank's reply for over two months, I called the bank to find out the status of my application. I was told that my application was disapproved but did not give me any reason. My income is about 20 times larger than an average employee in this country, and I also owned my own home. When I complained, I was told that I have to deposit some cash in their bank as a collateral. I felt that I have been discrimated because of my age. As of this date, Allied Bank never gave me the real reason why my application was disapproved.

Comments

• Me
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Is that your only complaint?What are you 6?At least they didn't rob you of your money.Go to bed.I think I hear your mummy calling you.

• Ms
      29th of Jun, 2010

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALLIED BANKS WEBSITE? ITS NOT WORKING!!!

29th of Nov, 2012

Allied Bank Philippines online facilities is always offline... What's the use of having an online service if their website is always down.

18th of Feb, 2013
    Allied Bank - Credit card chages dispute
    Allied Bank
    Philippines
    alliedbank.com.ph

Way back in 2007 or 2008 I noticed charges on my Allied Bank credit card statement that I did not recognize a couple to a train company in Italy called Trenitalia and one to a web hosting company in USA. I think the amounts were around US$1200. I informed Allied bank right away. I even found other people with the same issue on this website, example here: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/trenitalia-c41569.html Allied Bank failed to do a charge back within the normal 120 days. They then decided that I should pay the amounts due and I refused. Eventually the issue was "dropped" by Allied Bank and they no longer pressed me to pay. I closed the card account. I had previously been an excellent client always paying by card bills. Now fast forward to 2012 and I get an offer for a credit card from Metro Bank. But they cannot issue it because of a bad credit check because of the issue from Allied Bank. I contact Allied Bank again to try to get this issues all cleared - clearly I am not a bad credit risk. But they said they require payment of over US$3000 which covers interest and legal fees so that they can clear my name and the account. I refused and tell them its their fault for not doing a charge-back in the first place. They are now reviewing their decision. But I been waiting since December 2012 for them to decide.

2nd of Mar, 2013

I was not attempting to defraud my previous bank. How you do work that out!!! I am complaining that my previous bank, Allied Bank were too slow to act and unlike most other banks failed to do a chargeback for the charges on my card THAT WERE NOT MADE BY ME. This failure by Allied Bank all those years ago is preventing me from getting credit now

2nd of Mar, 2013

1 March 2013 update: I was trying to get a new credit card in December 2012 with Metro Bank but they said the Allied Bank issue is stopping them from issuing it to me and I need to get Allied to clear the issue. Since raising this as an issue with Allied Bank in December 2012 they are still considering what to do - progress is very slow and been waiting for almost 4 months now.