AllianceOne / collections

Harrasing calls to my job; now calling my neighbors asking questions about my description and habits.

Comments

• Vi
      11th of Oct, 2010

yes, they have also called a neighbor. I have cancer and have not been able to work regular, there is no extra money. I had great credit before this. I have tried to settle but we are to far apart. Is there a class action law suit against this company, if so, I would like to be part of it.
    d

11th of Oct, 2010

If you answer the phone, they can only can you once a day. By law, if you tell them to stop calling you at work and you neighbors, or any other person, they have to. Your home phone can only be stopped in writing, but send it thru the mail that will give you a recpt for delivery. Also, start making notes about every phone call, you may need them later.
    d

11th of Oct, 2010

who has a lawyer, I read my rights on line. And I want to make a settlement. I didn't ask for cancer, in order not to pay. A family member is trying to help me, but their funds are limited.

11th of Oct, 2010

Alliance One is a rude hassaring company that crosses the line and it appears they have a lot of complaints, and if they are breaking the law, don't you think something should be done?????

11th of Oct, 2010

this is to stealth pilot: do you know how to read, I am trying to pay a settlement, I had a life changing illness, that might very well take my life, my income has been greatly reduced. I am trying to pay what I can, but that is not good enough for Alliance One. I thought about bankruptcy, but I decided settlement would be the best way to go for both parties. My other creditors were great to work with, and were happy to settle. And I would love to damn well pay what I owe to stop the phone calls. I pray you have good health for life.

12th of Oct, 2010

Until you work in someone's shoes, how can you be so quick to judge. I am paying my house note, car note, insurance etc. I am working as much as I am able to. But I have two jobs to make ends meet. One job of 30 yrs and a wholesale business of 8 yrs. I am selling off inventory at a lost to stay afloat.

But, this original conversation that was posted was not about me, it's about Alliance One and confidentiality.

Alliance One is abusing their authority to collect a debt. Being nice will get you more than rude behavior. And why does Alliance One have the right to call your neighbors, what happen to our private rights and confidentiality? That is the real issue.

thanks for the chat