Alliance Reservation Network / Reservation and Payment

I made an online reservation for a motel in Florence, SC on February 24, 2009 for a room on 3/1/09. On February 26, 2009, the funds were deducted from my checking account to pay for the room. The confirmation was received via e-mail and states ROOMS ARE GUARANTEED ONCE FULL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.

Upon reaching the motel on 3/1/09 and showing the emailed check in voucher and payment voucher to the desk clerk, she advised that they had not received the funds from Alliance Reservation Network and that my room as not confirmed. She advised that if I need the room, I would either have to contact Alliance Reservation Network at the number on my check in voucher or I would need to pay for my room. At that time, I attempted to contact Alliance but received a recording that stated that there was no one to take my call. I then paid for the room. Which incidently was a little less money than the reservation I made through Alliance.

Upon return home to Florida on 3/3/09 I called Alliance and had to leave a message for a return call. About 3 hours later a representative called me back at which point I explained that I not only paid through them, but that I also had to pay at the hotel due to the fact that the motel had not received the funds for my room. The representative stated that I would need to fax in a copy of the receipt from the motel as well as showing the charge through my bank statement. I faxed all the information requested on 3/4/09 and received the fax confirmation that transmission was fine. I did not hear from them on 3/4/09 so I called again on 3/5/09 (today). Again I left a detailed message and phone number for a return call, but at this time I have not received a response from them.

Next time, I will call the motel/hotel directly to make the reservation. A single night in the Super 8 Motel in Florence, SC ended up costing me $117.00. for a one night stay.

Comments

• Tr
      13th of Oct, 2009

They are very unprofessional and unorganized! I canceled a room 2 months in advance and they have the nerve to charge me a $10 per night per room cancellation charge! Be aware of hidden fees and call the hotel directly!!

• Ca
      19th of Nov, 2009

I have worked with Alliance Reservations Network before. As far as the initial complaint, regarding the double charge by the hotel - That particular reservation was a wholesaler booking, which means the rate was negotiated directly with the hotel and booked in large blocks. Alliance then provides the hotel with a one time use credit card to charge the room upon arrival. The lower rate that you saw was the base rate, and is never to be disclosed to the customer, as it is not available to the public. Just as the grocery store does not provide you with the rate they paid for a product, it is the same idea. If the hotel, for some reason, tried to charge more than was authorized, or their front desk person was new and did not know how to handle the booking, standard procedure requires them to let you check out and deal with Alliance directly. I am sorry for your unfortunate experience, and I hope you understand that you should have never been charged by the hotel.

This particular reservation underwent a lot of attention, as the hotel refused to cooperate with the agency. To be noted, Alliance Reservations Network forfeited all profit, refunded the guest in full, and removed the hotel from all 12, 000 websites that it represents. In the end, the guest was actually able to obtain a much lower rate than is available to the public, and I hope she was able to enjoy her vacation.

The second issue, regarding the 10.00 service and recovery fee- This too was a wholesale reservation, which do not require a 10.00 cancel fee. However, the cancel policy is bolded black on the booking page, and is not written in fine print. They are made as clear as possible to the customer upon booking. With the wholesale reservations, the agency is required to pay a processing fee to the bank, as well as commission to its client. The upside to the situation is that Alliance is able to offer its customers extra discounts on its properties. Unfortunately, the agency must charge a fee for canceling. However, there is an option to rebook, and in that case, the full amount is credited to the card, and the agency cuts its losses on the basis of keeping a customer. It is always a good idea to read all of the terms and conditions on any purchase. Some hotels do not offer the option to cancel whatsoever. In that case, you would want to make sure that you will be staying, or look for a property that will better accommodate your cancellation preferences. If you have any questions regarding these or other policies, feel free to contact the agency directly at 1-800-892-2108

7th of Jan, 2010

I made a reservation through Alliance Reservation Network for a hostel in New Orleans in August '09. One of the reasons I went through them was they had a guarantee lowest price and would refund any price differences if found in other online advertising. I found one and emailed all the appropriate data over to them. It amounted to $5/night over 3 nights = $15. Not going to break my bank but still I wanted it and took the time to call and e-mail. I was told it would be processed but I never heard from them again. They are not a real agency, you are better off doing your own bookings directly with hotels or going with reputable agencies. I'm just happy my CC info didn't turn up stolen someplace from this fly-by-night operation.

• Zu
      1st of Jul, 2010

I have worked for this company, and can say that the people that have the trouble with either the system or the process, are the ones that don't read. They have specifically shown on each booking page the amount you will pay, the cancellation policies etc. I know that if you call a rep at Alliance, they will go over the entire booking and make sure you understand what is required to make the booking. They do have great re pore with many different hotels and vacation companies and that in turn gives you the lowest rates. I highly recommend this company for your booking needs. The online booking is easy and the support is there if you need it, wither by phone or by online chat. This last persons comment about being a fly by the night company is false and untrue. They have a great team and can help you make your hotel stays or vacations easier and cheaper.

• Mv
      26th of Oct, 2012

ALLIANCE RESERVATIONS NETWORK where can I find information regarding your company? I did find an excellent price for a hotel and was interested in booking the reservation. I have tried to research the company and really no one has heard of it nor reservetravel.com. My plans for travel will be in about a month and any information, is greatly appreciated, Thank you and I will recheck on this website for any answers.