Alliance Law Center / PAID FOR SERVICES NEVER RECIEVED

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

HERE IS AN EMAIL I SENT THE CROOKS:

Hello,

My husband and I want to have documentation of what Alliance has done to my file since all of my final documents were turned in on the first week of February. What days calls were made to my lenders, when packages were faxed or mailed, what representative from my mortgage company has Alliance been corresponding with for my first and second mortgage. My husband feels very leery of the comments made by both of our lenders regarding your company. Someone is not being honest here whether it be the lender or your company of follow-ups and things being faxed or mailed or e-mailed.

My second mortgage said Alliance has not returned phone calls or followed up with the rep working on my modification on the mortgage company side. The fact that they did their own modification without the documents you were supposed to send them concerns me.

My first mortgage Aurora are being very cooperative with me about information. They document every phone call that is incoming whether it be me or a 3rd party. The fact that they have no record in the past 60 days of calls from Alliance. The fact that they have no letter of authorization for you to speak to them on file. I know they document everything because he read off multiple conversations with times and dates that I had called in asking if they have received any loan modification documents or financial records. I don’t know why they would just make up that they haven’t heard from you. But if you have been performing good service to me then you should be able to provide me proof of your work or efforts with more than just basic details. If nothing is done shortly here to resolve this problem then we can do nothing but assume that we just got ripped off for $3800. If that’s the case then I will have to do legally what I need to recoup my money back. I mean how would you feel if all these facts were presented to you?

____________________________

HIS RESPONSE:

first of all, no one will rip you off. we will look into a refund to you if necessary. i am stunned on what you told me in this email, and i have no idea what's going on. i don't work on the back end at all. again i will forward this email and we will get to the bottom of this. sorry for the delay. we will make it right. CHUCK LITTLEJOHN

________________

SIX DAYS LATER I SEND THIS:

Hello,

What have you heard since you forwarded my e-mail? I have had no response on the phone or the e-mail.

Please let me know,
________________________________

His response:

please STOP calling your lender. our manager in client services Rhea Wilson will try to calling you. I told her to try you at work as well, so you should be getting a call.
just an FYI one of the client's duties when they enroll with us is to NOT contact their lender. just because they say we have not contacted them doesn't mean that it's true. their different departments are not always organized and in communication with each other. but you will be getting a phone call. or if you want to call in you can ask for Rhea Wilson. when you talk to her will you please tell her everything you told me? (that the 2nd made you an offer, you've talked to them, and our customer service with you has had some issues, etc)...I want to make sure you're takin care of so let me know how the conversation goes...
thanks

BUT THEN NOTHING WAS STILL DONE AND NO CALLS WERE MADE.

THESE ARE THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE I TALKED TO FROM THAT COMPANY:

CHUCK LITTLEJOHN
EDWARD ROBLES
MONICA SHERROD
MARY LARA
JAY CERFILLI

BUT THEY ARE ALL GONE BUT THE RUMOR IS THEY ARE NOW WWW.KEYPOINTLAWGROUP.COM. I HOPE THEY GET WHATS COMING TO THEM.

Comments

• To
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I too had 3 files with the Alliance law center. Spent 6 months with them and didnt get anywhere. No follow up and no updates. I luckily got a partial refund and got the help I needed elsewhere. Spent 2 months with the new law firm and reduced my payment by 30% and wiped out all the back payments i owed the bank. If you can get your money back call the law firm i worked with. 866-960-6969. Everyone there is helpful. You wont regret it.

4th of Sep, 2009

alliance law center cameron edwards is a theif !!!they didnt do anything to help us and now he is crying that he ran out of money and the thousands of people who he took money from are out of luck and out of a mod.HOW CAN HE GET AWAY WITH THIS? what can we do to fight this?

• Yo
      8th of Sep, 2009

yeah how can we get refund from alliance?, because after getting $3, 800 from us too, we never heard anything from them----- that's clearly stealing... and something must be done! and SOMEONE must pay back

• Tm
      12th of Sep, 2009

I too is a victim of Cameron Edwards. Our house will be sold in 3 days and I've been requesting from him to push the sale date out but instead he sent us an email stating that they are insolvency. I've been looking around so hard to save our house. We have to do something about this. Anybody can help where should I start to catch this predator?

• Ri
      15th of Sep, 2009

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 15, 2009.

Alliance Law Center has secured staff who are able to complete the work on your file. We are able to continue to work on your file and complete the matter.

You may contact us at (619) 956-9899.

Our fax number is (619) 858-0929.

LETTER TO ALLIANCE LAW CENTER CLIENTS: SEPTEMBER 3, 2009.

I am writing this letter to advise you that Alliance Law Center is in a position of insolvency, and to give you the opportunity to retrieve your file or have it transferred to another attorney of your choosing.

I took over responsibility for the firm in March, 2009. During the time we were in operation under my control, we had 16 attorneys on staff, along with paralegals, and legal assistants with mortgage and loan experience. Since we have become insolvent, there is no money to pay the staff to continue working on the files.

However, we have been diligently working on your matter since we commenced representation. The process by which we attempted to achieve results on files was:

1. Write to your lender, advising them of our representation, asking them to cease further collection efforts (“cease and desist”) and to request your original loan documents via a “qualified written request”;

2. Underwrite your file by assembling all your file materials and compiling a financial worksheet which outlined your income and expenses in a format which presented the information to the lender in a manner which would compel the lender to offer payment relief;

3. Submit the file to the lender, confirm receipt, and continue to follow up with the lender until they agreed to negotiate a solution;

4. Provide updated financial information to your lender as required;

5. Negotiate a loss mitigation solution with your lender, and assist in implementing it.

You should contact your lender and check the status of your modification request. To ensure that important documents are no longer forwarded to ALC, you should revoke ALC’s authority to negotiate on your behalf, revoke the “cease and desist” instruction, and ensure that your mailing address with the lender is accurate. You may wish to provide your lender with updated financials, or other information they are requesting. However, you may wish to seek counsel prior to sending information to your lender.

One of the biggest problems our firm faced over the first half of 2009 was the “wall” put up by lenders. This caused us months of delay, and required the resubmission of hundreds of files and documents. Lenders would repeatedly frustrate the process of attempting to get modifications. When we were able to get a file submitted, they would frequently send a request for updated documents, and then close the file within days if the new documents were not received. They would sit on files for 3 or 4 months, and when the files finally got to the lender’s negotiator, the files would be closed because the documents were 3 or 4 months old. Further, they would change fax numbers, lose files, mis-communicate, and generally not act in your best interest. Not all of this was deliberate, but it all had a direct negative effect on your file and on our firm, because it delayed and impaired our ability to get results, as well as directly driving up the costs we had to pay in order to serve you and other clients.

What I am stating regarding lender tactics is nothing new. Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Chairwoman of the Subcommittee on Housing and Community Opportunity in the U.S. House of Representatives, said on February 24, 2009: “I have experienced first-hand the challenges faced by borrowers who want to stay in their homes and who want to get current on their mortgages, but they either can’t get their servicer to pick up the phone or they get wrong, misleading, or unapproved information. I have called the servicers myself and waited hours for someone to answer. I have been misdirected and disconnected and I understand the frustration borrowers have. It’s unacceptable and I think homeowners deserve better.”

The New York Times, in an article published June 29, 2009, also highlighted the problem of lenders not working to provide solutions: “For now, progress is constrained by the limited capacities of mortgage servicing companies, said Michael S. Barr, the assistant Treasury secretary for financial institutions. He offered the first signs of the administration’s impatience with the institutions that control home loans. ‘They need to do a much better job on the basic management and operational side of their firms, ’ Mr. Barr said. ‘What we’ve been pushing the servicers to do is improve their infrastructure to make sure their call centers are doing a better job. The level of training is not there yet.’” You can review this article online at: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/business/29loanmod.html

I understand that you will be personally aggrieved by our financial failure. I unreservedly apologize for the inconvenience, distress and financial loss this has caused. The factors which led to this were several, and as you can imagine, there were many people involved with an organization of our size. I am working to determine the exact causes of our financial failure. Along with 3 volunteer staff and my family, I am continuing to work night and day to try and resolve the problems you face. On a personal note, my family is also suffering financially through the failure of the firm. We are unable to pay our mortgage or meet our other financial commitments, as I have not been paid in over two months.

Recently, we simply have not had the financial resources to answer the flood of calls we have been experiencing. If you have tried to call and have been unable to get through, I apologize. To make matters worse, on Wednesday, September 2, the telephone company disconnected our service. If you wish to obtain your file, which is your property, or to have it made available to another attorney, please let us know in writing or by sending me an e-mail at cameron.edwards@alc-ca.com. Until September 12, you can also fax us at (619) 546-5467 or (619) 546-6274. Please be aware that none of the other attorneys who were employees at ALC are responsible for your file at this time. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and our inability to complete the services for you.

Yours sincerely,

Cameron Edwards

Supervising Attorney

Alliance Law Center

Alliance Law Center, Corp.
    600 B Street
    Suite 2000
    San Diego, CA 92101
    Phone (619) 956-9899
    Fax (619) 858-0929
    Email: info@alc-ca.com

16th of Sep, 2009

The first step is to file a complaint with the State Bar of California. Mr. Edwards has not provided an accounting or provide proof of the work done. I fully intend to pursue this with the Bar and the State Attorney General.

16th of Sep, 2009

Mr. Edwards instead of posting to complaint sites, your time would be better spent calling each of your clients that you have abandoned. The letter you posted on your website is disingenuous at best. You sir, are a lawyer, when an adversary such as a bank puts up a "wall" you should do what lawyers do...file a lawsuit. Your firm is nothing but a mill. You provided no services, had para-professional doing your intake, you took money and did an insignificant amount of work.

16th of Sep, 2009

Mr. Edwards, your letter effectively withdraws your representation. Your fee agreement calls for a return of fees if you withdraw your representation. I want my money back. You are personally liable as an attorney. Sell your car or something. Pay us back our money.

• Ey
      16th of Sep, 2009

comment re: sept 15 Alliance Update---- alliance has secured staff to complete the work???????????

for what?????? to start from the beginning??????? is this one strategy for escapegoat thing? giving your clients false hopes... waiting, waiting, and waiting...until they'll find out that their house is gone...

just give us our money back... you can't stop victims from filing complaints and seeking for justice and getting their money back

• Je
      27th of Sep, 2009

The same happened to me also!!! I just want my money back!!! $3595.00!!! It didn't matter how I got the money as long as I got it!! So, I really don't care how you get the money as long as I get the my money back!!!

• Tm
      17th of Oct, 2009

Check this site...more about Cameron Edwards. copy and paste.