Alliance Law Center/Apollo / Ahren Tiller Passed the buck

1 Oceanside, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 760 967-9037

I paid $3, 320 in October 2008 for a loan modification through Apollo Funding and Realty, which then "turned the file over" to Alliance Law Center. After months of me sending updated financial info, reassurances from ALC that "government guidelines keep changing, causing delays" I got caught up on my mortgage payments and hadn't heard from ALC in several weeks. I received a letter from Ahren Tiller, the attorney assigned to negotiate with my lender on March 19, 2009, informing me that he was leaving Alliance Law Center to pursue other endeavors (like a rat from a sinking ship), and that Cameron Edwards had been assigned to my case, that he (quoting directly from the letter) "is a very talented, hardworking and extremely skilled attorney. I assure you that you are in very good hands." I continued to call ALC and my fie was passed from person to person (evidently more rats were fleeing the ship). Finally, I received a packet from my lender on August 3, 2009 basically asking for all the information I had ever given to ALC starting from square one, as if ALC never even contacted them. They didn't reference ALC in the packet, and when I called ALC to ask about this, they never returned my call. Since I had agreed not to negotiate directly with the lender, I assumed this was the correct procedure. I left messages for the representative, Rhodel Pelimiano, Cameron Edwards, and called severala days in a row with no human contact. I tried emailing both at ALC with no answers. It has been over a month with no contact, and I know a lot of other people are in the same situation. What can we do? Can we band together and sue, or is it a lost cause? I didn't lose my home, but others did, and this is wrong. I want to do something about this.

Comments

• He
      17th of Sep, 2009

I am one them. I am a client of ALC. I'm echoing exactly the same complaint with those scums at Alliance Law Center. I paid them $3, 500 back in March 2009. I loaned that money with a hope that it will help with my mortgage problem. I agree that we shoulb band together and get our money back or at least get this scums to jail.

Herman Matias
    Long Beach, CA
    hrmnmatias@yahoo.com

• Wh
      17th of Sep, 2009

Anita, Herman, and Makisig. You guys are not the only one, I got scammed too. I'll already report this scammed to the BBB and file complaint. I would like to organized a CLASS Action lawsuit against ALC. They advertised the ALC as a Law Office to entice us to pay for their services. So, if you guys got a chance e-mail me at roelusn@yahoo.com. We can discuss further more.

I am also fooled by Alliance Law Center. They asked me to pay $2995.00-- the full payment. They even said that they do forensic analysis and promised me a lot of things. They even recommended not to pay so that i will get a better modification. They also said not to talk to the lender and tell the lender to talk to them. They should be DiBar their license. We need to file a complaint to the attorney general's office.

24th of Sep, 2009

I recently ran into the same problem, i got in contract with ALC in December 2008. Today 9/23/09 my house has a sale date aleardy, i cannot get a hold of nobody from ALC. Would somebody thats been in the same situation and has been able to save ther home please message me at monique.serrano@ymail.com i need help where should i got from here??

16th of Dec, 2011

Ahren Tiller is the best lawyer I have ever hired. I have hired multiple lawyers throughout the years and I have to admit he is the best! All these whiny idiots who couldn't afford their mortgages may be upset over the fact that they lost their home after they didn't pay their mortgage for 2 years. He saved my home, got me a modification, and wiped out $100k in debt. He did a great job for me and I don't understand why this idiot would ever say anything negative about him.