Alliance Law Center/Apollo / Ahren Tiller Passed the buck

1 Oceanside, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 760 967-9037

I paid $3, 320 in October 2008 for a loan modification through Apollo Funding and Realty, which then "turned the file over" to Alliance Law Center. After months of me sending updated financial info, reassurances from ALC that "government guidelines keep changing, causing delays" I got caught up on my mortgage payments and hadn't heard from ALC in several weeks. I received a letter from Ahren Tiller, the attorney assigned to negotiate with my lender on March 19, 2009, informing me that he was leaving Alliance Law Center to pursue other endeavors (like a rat from a sinking ship), and that Cameron Edwards had been assigned to my case, that he (quoting directly from the letter) "is a very talented, hardworking and extremely skilled attorney. I assure you that you are in very good hands." I continued to call ALC and my fie was passed from person to person (evidently more rats were fleeing the ship). Finally, I received a packet from my lender on August 3, 2009 basically asking for all the information I had ever given to ALC starting from square one, as if ALC never even contacted them. They didn't reference ALC in the packet, and when I called ALC to ask about this, they never returned my call. Since I had agreed not to negotiate directly with the lender, I assumed this was the correct procedure. I left messages for the representative, Rhodel Pelimiano, Cameron Edwards, and called severala days in a row with no human contact. I tried emailing both at ALC with no answers. It has been over a month with no contact, and I know a lot of other people are in the same situation. What can we do? Can we band together and sue, or is it a lost cause? I didn't lose my home, but others did, and this is wrong. I want to do something about this.

Comments

• He
      17th of Sep, 2009

I am one them. I am a client of ALC. I'm echoing exactly the same complaint with those scums at Alliance Law Center. I paid them $3, 500 back in March 2009. I loaned that money with a hope that it will help with my mortgage problem. I agree that we shoulb band together and get our money back or at least get this scums to jail.

Herman Matias
    Long Beach, CA
    hrmnmatias@yahoo.com

• Wh
      17th of Sep, 2009

Anita, Herman, and Makisig. You guys are not the only one, I got scammed too. I'll already report this scammed to the BBB and file complaint. I would like to organized a CLASS Action lawsuit against ALC. They advertised the ALC as a Law Office to entice us to pay for their services. So, if you guys got a chance e-mail me at roelusn@yahoo.com. We can discuss further more.

I am also fooled by Alliance Law Center. They asked me to pay $2995.00-- the full payment. They even said that they do forensic analysis and promised me a lot of things. They even recommended not to pay so that i will get a better modification. They also said not to talk to the lender and tell the lender to talk to them. They should be DiBar their license. We need to file a complaint to the attorney general's office.

24th of Sep, 2009

I recently ran into the same problem, i got in contract with ALC in December 2008. Today 9/23/09 my house has a sale date aleardy, i cannot get a hold of nobody from ALC. Would somebody thats been in the same situation and has been able to save ther home please message me at monique.serrano@ymail.com i need help where should i got from here??

16th of Dec, 2011

Ahren Tiller is the best lawyer I have ever hired. I have hired multiple lawyers throughout the years and I have to admit he is the best! All these whiny idiots who couldn't afford their mortgages may be upset over the fact that they lost their home after they didn't pay their mortgage for 2 years. He saved my home, got me a modification, and wiped out $100k in debt. He did a great job for me and I don't understand why this idiot would ever say anything negative about him.

15th of Nov, 2018

Looking for Ahren Tiller? Don't sit back and do nothing while this criminal gets away with taking advantage of us while we were losing our homes. He took our money and jumped ship to open Bankruptcy Law Center (https://www.bankruptcyattorneys.org/attorneys/). We lost our homes and this criminal gets rich. Demand justice!

• Ah
      14th of Dec, 2018

@J Fig This is Ahren Tiller. I worked at Alliance Law Center for 3 months over 10 years ago. If you truly were a real former client of mine, then you could/would of called me at my easily accessible number: 619-894-8831 (which can be easily found on the website you just clicked on). Instead of calling me a "criminal" without any facts to support you slanderous statement, why haven't you just called or emailed me over the last TEN years if you somehow felt wrong by me?

I'd bet you are really just a Bankruptcy Lawyer competitor of ours, and think posting this will help direct clients your way. Why don't you try to be better at your job, then maybe you won't need to play games like this to get clients.

24th of Dec, 2018

@Ahren Tiller You "worked at Alliance Law Center for 3 months." So at a minimum you admit you were involved with the scam "law firm". If you just "worked" there as you claim, please tell us (your victims) why you decided to leave a law firm where you presumably would have gone through some sort of time consuming application, interview, and background check process just three short months after working there? Was it to open your new business? I'm sure you will claim this to be the case, but that raises the question why would someone go through the trouble of getting hired somewhere if they have plans to open their own business in three short months? Surely you didn't just come up with the new business idea in three short months. Was it because you finally stole enough money from us homeowners facing foreclosure that you could then open a new business? Tell us, what was your involvement with Apollo Funding and Realty which later became Alliance Law Center?

Speaking of background checks, tell us about the criminal record you had expunged. What sex crime were you found guilty of committing with that underage girl? Truthful information never goes away and I have lots.

I've been in contact with many of your other victims and even some of your former colleagues from Alliance Law Center. I've done my research. You didn't just work there you were the business owner and attorney in charge of the firm before you passed the buck and had another attorney take the fall for you. Its your signature on the contract I signed.

You say my statements are slanderous and I lack the facts to support my claims of you being a criminal, but i'm just confused as to how you would know what facts I do or do not have? Are you saying everyone who has posted comments here is wrong? You would love for that to be reality, but we know it's not.

Also, I've received your inbox message asking me to call you. Whatever you would like to tell me over the phone you can say here. Me calling you will do nothing to bring the truth to the surface even if it is 10 years after your crimes. The truth will come out either by you admitting your wrongs or by the FACTS coming out. We won't be silenced. No games, just the truth.

24th of Dec, 2018

Court document showing Ahren Tiller as "owner" of Alliance Law Center.