Alliance Financial And Trust / Awful experience

1 151 Queen St.Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-416-939-69-58

My mom had received a letter, and a check with $4, 875.00. The letter stated that the $4, 875.00, was just a portion of what my mom had won the letter said that my mom was entitled to the sum of $125, 000.00 US DOLLARS. It also said that in order for my mom to actually be able to touch that money she had to call first and get directions on what to do. My mom doesn't speak English so my sister and I called, they stated that we have to deposit the whole check in a bank account, and withdrawal $2, 875.00 and send it directly to the tax agent by WESTERN UNION or MONEYGRAM. It said and i quote 'Please do not attempt to use this check until you call. We urge you to keep this winning CONFIDENTIAL until your claim has been processed and your cash remitted to you as this is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by non participants taking advantage of this program.' My mother had gone to the bank to deposit the money as told when they told her that the check bounced and it didn't go through.

My mom was so devastated, she just doesn't want anyone else falling for this scam we hope that we can help someone else, unfortunately we fell for it.

Va

Comments

• De
      18th of Aug, 2008

i received the same letter today with the same check and the first thing i thought was what kinda scam is this. i dont remember entering any ontario lottery. thanks for the information hope it helps others that receive the same letter!

• Ka
      18th of Aug, 2008

Thank for the info. I received the same thing. I waited a half hour then called him back. He said He wanted me to sent a check to Mary Sean in Toronto Canda by Western Union. I informed him I was not sending anything until I know this check is real and good. As you stated its not. He is full of ###!!!
    Thanks for the heads up

19th of Aug, 2008

I recieved this letter today and called the guy name John and he is full of ###. But guess what I am a federal agent and he does not know that and I will be reporting him and this company tomorrow when I go to work and have them arrested or investigated. I wonder how they get people's personal information but they have the right one.

We should all file mental anguish charges against this company

22nd of Aug, 2008

I receive the same letter 2 days ago. My daugter-n-law went online and found out it was a scam.

• Mi
      25th of Aug, 2008

my mom recieved the same thing today and when she told me about it i jumped out of my sleep and told her this had to be a scam.thank you for confirming it.

• Ri
      26th of Aug, 2008

Wish to let you all know that I just received the very same letter, I called shortly after receiving the letter and spoke to a Ms. Lewis, she stated to me that it was no scam nor did I have to purchase anything
    what's-so-ever.

I immediately started to think that this was to good to be true then to add I couldn't help noticing that the check came from Canada? Why is it we have so many firms here in the United States why would this company Alliance Financial and Trust be out of the United States.

All I had to do was deposit the check that was sent to me for the total of $4, 875.00 as at the same time I was to mail a check back Via Western Union for the total of 2, 875.00 I quickly called my attorney and informed him of this company, my attorney called me shortly after contacting him and clearly told me to call the bank and give the bank the serial number to the check as well, as the check number. The young lady from the bank was truly happy to help me, she looked into the information I gave her and told me that the very same information my attorney told me that this was a scam! to please destroy the check. Please be very careful and always call the bank and pass on the information.

27th of Aug, 2008

I received the same letter and check that you all receive. When I opened the letter I thought that this was a blessing form God because I pray for a financial blessing. I read over the letter and I saw every word that was wrong in the letter but paid no mind to it. I guess I wanted it to be a true check. I later spoke with Dave and he gave me the instruction of what I to do with the check. First, I was not to let anyone know that I was a winner of DE-LOTTO American Shoppers Lottery. Second, I was to deposit the check of 4875.00 and send 2875.00 for taxes to an address he gave me in Canada. Third, I was to wait for a delivery from UPS with the remaining winning. That was no problem because I figure I could take the tax out of the check. After I deposit the check I called him back and told him that the check had a 7day hold on it. After 7 days I called my bank and low and behold the check was no good. I call him back and told him that he sent me a bad check. He replied to me that I should not call him back until I have sent him the tax payment.

I had in my mind to call him back and give him a number so that he would go the Western Union to try and received the taxes just to see what he would do. That will show him that there are others in this world that could get back at him the same way he is trying to acquire money from other people.

I fell for this scam because I was in need of funds. I am telling all that read this message, that a little research is worth a million dollar of your time then to give a million dollar to the someone that is scamming you out of it.

• Ta
      1st of Sep, 2008

YEAH MY MOM GOT A CHECK DAY BRFOER YASTERDAY AND THEY CALLED TODAY AND DOUND THAT IT WAS ALL A SCAM. IM GLAD I WAS HOME TO GET ON THE COMPUTER AND I FOUND THIS WEB SITE THANK GOD THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO HELP OTHERS AND FOR THOSE WHO GOT SCAMMED IM TRUELY SORRY AND WANT TO THANK YOU FOR HELPING MY MOM YOUR TRUELY BLESSED

• Te
      2nd of Sep, 2008

Got the letter tonight. I just got back from vacation and had a pile of mail on top of three weeks worth before I left. I started reading and knew immediately it was a scam. I told my daughter about it and we lol'ed...but then thought...damn people could fall for this I want to get the word out. I typed in the name of the bank and this site popped up. I really want to screw with these people. I did see a story on Date line or one of those investigational shows that captured on camera one of these scams and how it works on the other end of the letters, phone calls, emails etc. this particular segment took place somewhere in Indonesia. it showed a gross room with phones & computers set up and about a dozen or so men answering the calls. If you didn't know any better you would think it was a telemarketing company.
    This scam would send a letter saying someone came into millions of dollars but could not get the money without an American's help. You would not believe how many people believed these scam artist. gosh who know's maybe I would have if I had not seen this program. People really got balls. I'm going to continue to find places on the net to get the word out. Good luck all.
    Tee NYC

5th of Sep, 2008

I just got one of those checks and called..
    they said cash it then call back..
    the tel number is 416 731 3903

17th of Sep, 2008

JUST WON 125000.00 WOW!!! FROM TORONTO ONT CHECK LOOKS REAL -- BUT WAIT--THEY WANT ME TO SEND THEM MONEY? BIG SCAM PEOPLE-- DON'T FALL FOR THIS AS THERE CHECK IS NO GOOD WHEN YOU TAKE IT TO THE BANK, THE CHECK WILL COME BACK AS NO GOOD..AND YOU ARE OUT 2875.00 PLUS BANK CHARGES FOR A BAD CHECK!!! AGAIN PEOPLE OUT THERE--DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

• Je

Alliance Financial And Trust - The check looks real
    Lawton
    Oklahoma
    Phone: 580-536-5447

Received this genuine looking check in the mail today, 9/20/08. My gut reaction was to check it out so I Googled it. Low and behold your website popped up warning me of the SCAM. Thank you.

• Cy
      23rd of Sep, 2008

My mother received a letter on 9/9/08 stating that she won $125000.00 and a check for $4875.00. She called the number listed but could not understand what they were syaing because they were talking too fast. So she had me call them to get info on this. Of course, I knew it was scam but i called the number and started questioning the gentleman on the phone and he kept assuring me that the check was good. I told the man he was full of crap. I started searching this issue on the internet and sure enough people like my mother were receiving the same letter. My boyfriend who is a bank manager verified that the check was indeed fraud. I can't believe people have the nerve to try to do something like this.

• He
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Same thing happened to us. I know the check was too good to be true. We kept calling the number on the letter to claim our prize and the first time some guy answered and said they were closed. The second time an Asian man answered and said to call back at noon. All afternoon, all we got was an answering machine, so I decided to check out the name of the bank on the internet. Bingo, it was a scam! Too bad, I was up all night making big plans for all that money!

• Sh
      27th of Sep, 2008

Just got the same letter and ck. two days ago.. Why is the FBI not in on this?? I always ck out stuff like this jut for fun. I knew it was phony. But what about all the poor people that do not understand it is NO GOOD. Where is the FBI or BBB when you need them to get these jerks. SAP..

• Lu
      29th of Sep, 2008

Today, Sep 29 /08. I recived a letter from ALLIANCE FINANCIAL AND TRUST . This company said that I win the american shoppers lottery. I received a check for 4875.00 from commerce bank . I need to return 2875.00 back to them .
    the address on the internet is 151, the address on the letter is 1551.
    I would like to know if someone did cash this check?
    because a lot people said that it is not truth.
    I live in USA and this country is passing throught out economic recession .
    who is going to pay my time for this big lie...

• Yo
      30th of Sep, 2008

they have a new twist now the send a letter saying that you have a chance to become a secret shopper and that you are to deposit the check and with in 48 hours you are supposed to send spend 50 dollars in walmart 40 in sears and to chek the efficiency and customer service at a money gram location by going in and sending 950 dollars to the person that was listed on the letter the check was for the same amount as every one els 4.875 dollars and this too was a scam

• Lu
      1st of Oct, 2008

I receive a letter today that said, I was radomly pick out of 500, 000 names. It was my final notice and I had to act fast.I was also inform to deposit the check and my bank account. Today I did some research on the bank and the company and found out this was a scam. With the ecomony like it is, times being so hard, I really needed the cash.

• Mi
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I received "THE LETTER"!!! It was word for word as described by the other posts. I am in the United States. I sort of thought the letter was a hoax. So I went on line to the address printed on the letter head, which by the way didn't even look like real letter head. I went on-line and sure enough I found these other web post. I am submitting my experience with this scam to help inform others so they will know not give in to this. I have heard of other e-mail and letter scams similiar to this. I wish everyone that receives anything like this all the best in life and be very cautious. I know things are not in a good shape with the economy and unemloyment and people are looking for a way to make it through. It is so unfortunate that these kinds of things continue to exist and prey upon others vulnerability.