Alliance And Leicester / Awful customer service

United States Review updated:

I have been in business nearly 30 years; this definitely the worst customer service I have come across. If you have a grievance it is impossible to speak to anyone in management. They are inefficient and inept. I am transferring to Bank of Scotland where they have real managers to answer the phone (I'll report back in 6 months!).
Va

Comments

Ho
  23rd of Feb, 2011

Alliance And Leicester - Beware
ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER

I opened up an account with A&L in August last year. I choose them over the other bank because of their offer of no overdraft charges and peace of mind switching service plus the account came with £100.00 incentive. It turned up it was the worst decisione ever!! The incentive never materialized until 5 months later I deceided to ask for it. Got a stroppy reply not an apology from customer "care". The switching service did not transfer 2 of my direct debit. I ended up being charged late payment fees for one credit card and my council tax. Again contacted customer Care no apologies offered only stroppy emails from people who clearly did not even bother reading the actual letter. Bank charges: I think this bank should seriously review their policies. I ended up paying £700+ in bank charges on an account which promised to come without charges. I wrote to customer service and again not joy got several replies from different people and all of them had a different understanding of why I was calling but the one thing no one did was listening.
If you are looking for a bank STAY CLEAR FROM ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY AND TIME TO WASTE!!