AllegroMedical / Product description didn't match expectations

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

I purchased 6 cans of baby formula assuming they were the standard 24 oz size.
The size wasn't listed on website, but based on the price and list price it seemed correct.
They listed a list price of >$62/can and retail stores sell the 12 oz for $16.99

When the package arrived they shipped 12 oz cans instead.

They didn't reply to email to their customer suppport, but they did update their website.

After calling they said they can't refund the difference vs what they charge (~2x regular price) vs other retailer or online stores.

They want me to pay shipping both way in order to get a refund.

Ba

Comments

• Bi
      23rd of Jan, 2009
    AllegroMedical - Buyer Beware!
    AllegroMedical
    allegromedical.com

The company misrepresents it's shipping timeline. My order has been "awaiting shipment" for 48 hours. The customer service rep stated that the website just says that and it doesn't mean that the product is actually awaiting shipment.

Buyer Beware!

• Md
      24th of Jun, 2009

OMG! same thing happened to me. I am taking them to court for fraud

• Md
      25th of Jun, 2009
    AllegroMedical - GOOD START FORMULA
    Allegromedical
    Cleveland
    Ohio

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!
    I purchased 6-24 oz cans of GOOD START baby formula. Yesterday, I received 6-12 oz cans of the formula. I payed a total of $127 for the package which was on backorder. I received it after waiting 3 weeks to get the package (during which time they switched the website to say 12 oz) When the package arrived they shipped 12 oz cans instead. In the 3 weeks that the formula was on "back order" THEY CHANGED THEIR WEBSITE TO SAY 12 OZ. OMG... CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY WOULD DO THAT? ugh... this is the end to my online shopping. I can't believe they would cheat me like this. Then I called to talk to customer service and spoke with a representative ANTHONY who refused to help me and just kept saying "you must pay for your return". Well, NO WAY. After reading some of the other reviews, I think I will pay for my return and they won't even give me the credit back!! Why are they still in business? After reading the reviews (too late), I see they do this to so many people. Please help spread the word so this doesn't happen to more people. I am a new mom and this is the last thing I wanted to deal with, but I don't want it to happen to others. If any of you are new mom's out there and know how much formula costs, I am sure you feel my frustration.

• Ne
      13th of Jul, 2009

I am new at this but Allegro Medical did almost the same thing to me. I'd like to join a group who would want to take them to court.