Allegiant Air / terrible service

I had the worst experience of my life with regard to airlines this weekend- all thanks to Allegiant Air!
My two children and I travelled to Santa Maria this past weekend. We were seated in the very front of the plane, where I was not allowed to keep my 9 month old's diaper bag because there is not a seat to stow it under. I had to put it halfway down the plane in overhead storage and was told I couldn't access it by a snotty flight attendant. Not only that, but we were delayed over 30 minutes waiting for a late passenger, who if I overheard correctly is an Allegiant Employee!

To top it all off, we were denied boarding on our return flight to Vegas because we were 2 minutes late!!! 2 freakin minutes. Have you ever been to the Santa Maria airport? THERE IS NOTHING THERE!!! There was no one in the TSA line, no one at the ticket counters, there is absolutely NO reason that my children and I could not have been allowed to check in. I get it if it is a large airport and it isn't logistically possible to get to the gate in 45 min, but when the gate is 50 feet away there is no reason.

The woman behind the counter was the rudest representative I have ever dealt with, in ANY company. She kept leaving and going behind a locked door while I was talking to her. She told me she wouldn't help me until the flight had taken off...which was 40 minutes away!!! I was trying to scramble and figure out how I was going to get home. She kept stating "this happens on every flight, there is always someone like YOU." Ugh!! When I finally got her to tell me when the next flight was, it was 2 days away and from another airport! Even if it would have worked, the dumb woman wouldn't make the reservation for me! She REFUSED to help. We had to rent a car and drive for 10+ hours.

So...I had to wait 30+ minutes for a late Allegiant employee in Vegas, but when I am 2 minutes late I am denied check in and boarding, and treated like garbage. How is that right?

A  17th of Jul, 2009 by

My daughter missed my mothers surgery in toledo because the the clerk said the ticket counter for check ins closed at 6:30 and it was according to HIS watch 6:33. We waited in their line for the previous 30 minutes.

Not to mention, they obviously didnt refund ticket either. To make thigs worse, I bought the ticket 20 hours before the flight. They put on "flex flight" onto my ticket for $7 automatically. Well, it states that to use this flex thing, you must notify the airline 24 hours in advance. So, they sold me a service that had alreadfy EXPIRED!

They are a bunch of racist horrible people there. "NAZI Airlines". They let people inline behind me board the flight that were white but wouldnt let my hispanic daughter on because we were 3 minutes late by his definition. By the way, I'm white. If I found these guys outside the airport...they better get away from me in a big hurry. They humiliated my daughter in a really arrogant and nasty way.
N  1st of Sep, 2009 by
it isnt right but usually ...and not defending them - i am a flight attendant for anoher airline usually a small regional carrier such as allegiant uses outsourced ground operations in a sense and they are not the companies employees but contracted out by another company so sometimes they have no idea that this is happening - not saying it is ok - but that is uaully what happens. about the diaper bag - it is a federal aviation regulaiton that you can not stow in front of your seat in frow one this is across the board for any aircraft anywhere this is so in an emergency you dont have ppls things flying around in pretty much your path to safety. if the flight attendant told you that you could not access the bag they should have explained that in a "sterile" cockpit this can not be done bc of safety but they should have gone ahead and acessed it for you after reaching a safe altitude. they could have explained better and given you better customer service so sorry that you had to go through that. sometimes there are legitimate reasons but ppl dont understand bc they just need a little better cusotmer service and explanation. sorry that your experience was a rough one! just wanted you to know that some of these rules have to be followed but they could have been handeled better . sorry about all of the other issues. also had the other people already checked in? if they had check in earlier maybe that was the reason they were allowed to board? maybe they had checked in prior to the expected time and you guys were 3 minutes late for "hecking in" and again im not defeding them if that was how it happened but ou cant just assume bc we have lots of legal binding issues in the airline industry that others may not be aware of.
A  16th of Sep, 2009 by
My son was going to Missoula Mt from Mesa Az on NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AIRLINES. We left home in what we thought was plenty of time to be a hour early. But as the old saying goes s--- happens, as we ran into bad traffic. I dropped him off 1/2 hour before scheduled leave time figuring he would be OK and able to get on plane. He only had to walk about 20 seconds to get into check in line from drop off point which had 6 or 7 people ahead of him which put him in line with 29 minutes before scheduled leave time. Once he got to the ticket JERK he was told that he was to late that the flight was closing. My son thought that he was joking as he could see the plane had people in line going up the steps and into the plane through the window. My son debated with him for a few minutes and said that if he would have checked him in in the first place he would be in line with the other people going up steps and into the plane. All the JERK would do is quote the policey and the flight was closed, that he was to be in line at least 45 min prior to take off and if we wanted to talk to someone else we had to call their customer care number which he was more than happy to give that out. CUSTOMER CARE - WHAT A JOKE !!!After debating and seeing he wasnt going to get on the plane he called me (time stamp on my cell phone shows he still had 11 min before scheduled leave time)and I turned around to pick him up. After getting information from my son I went to talk to Mr Personality. I happend to look at departure board on the wall and saw that scheduled leave time was 3:30 pm and actual leave time now was 3:27pm, why 3 minute change? After trying to talk to Mr Personality all he would do is quote that he had to be there at least 45 minutes early and your son was two minutes late and to call CUSTOMER CARE, (there we go with those words again. I asked him about the change in departure time of moving it up three minutes and if that was the case my son still had one minute to be able to check in.He couldnt or wouldnt answer that question.
To finish I have called their CUSTOMER CARE LINE and un able to talk to a CUSTOMER CARE person I am told to leave a message and they will get back to me as soon as possible. What a joke !!! it has now been three days and 8 going on 9 messages left for CUSTOMER CARE to call me back.
With this lack of care and customer service I see why they are canceling flights. It wont be to soon for me when Allegiant Air is no longer with us. They are going to get what they earned.
N  19th of Oct, 2009 by
I'm a little confused, Steve Ewing. You dropped your son off with 30 minutes to go before the plane's departure? And when he called you there was still 11 minutes to go before the plane took off? That's eleven minutes to get through check-in, security and get seated on the plane. There's no way that plane would have left on time if they had checked your son in. Providing I have the details right.
A  10th of Nov, 2009 by
Last week I had a flight to Vegas on Allegiant Airlines. I had left my cell phone at home and had to return to get it at the last minute. I finally arrived at the airport 30 mins before my scheduled departure, only to find no attendant at the check-in counter only a sign that read "will return in 20 mins". When the attendant returned about 10 minutes later and I demanded my boarding pass, he proclaimed there was nothing he could do for me because I had "forfeited" my flight by arriving "late". It's important to note that that flight did not depart for at least another 45 mins from the time I arrived at the airport, it departed late. However, "on-time" according to Allegiant airlines is arriving no later than 45 minutes before your scheduled departure. If you arrive even at 45 minutes and 10 seconds, you have forfeited your flight on Allegiant Airlines. This forfeiture entitles you to NO REFUND OR FLIGHT CREDIT. ITS TIME TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST SUCH UNFAIR POLICIES. Myself and my partner were not the only people who had "forfeited" their flight that evening, there were at least 3 other customers who had paid their hard-earned money to fly on that flight. I'm sure this "forfeiture" of flights happens on every Allegiant Airlines flight out of the Eugene Airport.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. If you have suffered at the hands of this unfair policy and have seen your hard-worked money go down the drain FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. Allegiant Airlines 45 min"late policy" is not legal because it is not conscionable, it is unfair on it's face. There is no other airline that has such a policy for late customers without providing them at the least flight credit. You are ENTITLED TO REMEDY.

Contact: BBB of Southern Nevada, Inc. (Las Vegas, NV) 6040 S. Jones Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89118 Phone: (702)320-4500 Fax: (702)320-4560 Email: scampbell@vegasbbb.org Web: http://www.vegasbbb.org

Assure you have the correct company name: Allegiant Air, LLC 8360 S. Durango Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89113
N  1st of Dec, 2009 by
Personally, I think 45 minutes is pretty generous. They need time to check your luggage and let you get through security. I kind of side with the airport on this issue. I wouldn't want to be sitting on a plane, being held up, because someone forgot something and had to return home to get it. Or someone else wanted to make a stop at McDonalds on their way to the airport. Or someone else just didn't feel like getting out of bed on time. I know it doesn't mean anything, but that's just my two cents...
N  3rd of Jan, 2016 by
This is a sorry excuse for an airlines. They nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING! They have 2 employees working the ticket counter, the gate, maintanence and the luggage. It's absolutely ridiculous. This is the first and LAST time we will EVER use this airline. Arrive on time but wait 2 hours for bags is absolutely inexcusable.

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air Logo Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air
8360 S Durango Dr