Alldrive Canada Inc / Alldrive rents out unrepaired RV's and doesn't react on complaints
Alldrive Canada, located in Calgary and Vancouver, has rented us an RV for 15 days, during the summer.
We had a number of complaints about the RV, and told them the most urgent one by phone right away when we discovered it. They did NOT react. After returning the RV, we told them again about our complaints, and said we wanted compensation for it. They said they needed to consult the headoffice, and would react be email within 2 days. They did not react. We sent them an email again, with all our complaints, and their promise to contact us about it. No reaction. After a reminder, they sent us an email just stating : “We cannot reply until we have the facts from our staff.” After this, everything remained silent, also after several reminders from us.
These were the complaints:
1. The most annoying one was the fact that the heater did NOT function. Later, we saw a disconnected wire on the thermostat and thought this might solve the problem. So, we connected the wire again (with a piece of tape); the thermostat reacted again, and started blowing, but it did NOT give any warm air through it. The conclusion must be, that the heating construction failed altogether. For that reason, we adjusted our trip, so that we avoided the very cold areas of the Rocky Mountains.
2. Furthermore, the sewer hose did not seal completely, which made it a very embarrassing experience to empty the black and grey water, especially when close to other campers.
3. Also the water hose made no proper connection, so connecting to a water tap was out of the question.
4. The van was not clean when we received it
5. The oven didn't heat sufficiently.
6. The window on the rear passengers side would not open, nor would the roof opening.
7. The TV-set didn't work as it should, the remote control didn't even have batteries in it, but on the lid of the box it said that it didn't function anyway, so we didn't bother to check further.
8. The fluid for cleaning the windshield was not refilled.
9. The electricity cable was very short, and we missed an extension cable. Also, something to balance the vehicle in rougher areas would have been appropriate.
10. The storage compartment was leaking, which lead to a wet suitcase, and also wet chairs.
We stated, that as a conclusion, we think that Alldrive has NOT met its legal obligation to meet their part of the rental agreement.
Apparently, Alldrive has paid far less attention to the detailed level of the service to be rendered. The excuse we heard from your contact in Vancouver, that it is high season, is not valid in any way, because we feel that we are entitled to the same service as in any other season. We have paid a high-season price, which should also lead to the same level of service from Alldrive.
We wrote that as a result of everything we mentioned above, we feel that a compensation of $ 500 (five hundred CAN dollars) would be very reasonable.
They never responded to our complaint properly. Also, they refused to pay back our insurance deposit. After that, we filed a complaint at Amvic org. See also our complaint on this site about that.