ALLCare Dental / Customer Service

1 320 Clairton BlvdPittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 412-655-1500

My employer got new insurance and unfortunately our dental plan only worked with Allcare. I was uneasy from the beginning and I had been suffering from a terrible toothache. First, the girl who took my x-ray was so rude and the X-ray procedure was very painful. She tried to put this huge thing in my mouth and it was so uncomfortable. Then the dental assistants and the “doctors” were walking around and the dental hygienist was singing and was so unprofessional. Then they told me I needed a root canal. I couldn’t take the pain so I said to go ahead a have the root canal done. It was my first root canal so I was extremely nervous. I was there for a total of 6 hours over 3 days. Now it has been one month since they put the crown in and my new tooth has been bleeding and just as painful as the original toothache. So I called and was told to come in and they would look at it. In the mean time I moved because of a job so they told me to go to the West Mifflin/Pittsburgh 320 Clairton Blvd. Pittsburgh, PA 15236, [protected]… I walked in and the “Business Manager” was so rude to me. He told me that I owed them $900.. I kept telling him that I didn’t understand.. The people at the office that I had the procedure done told me that I was all paid up. He got upset and told me that I owed them that money and I have to pay it. I kept asking him “how?” and he said “Look I am just telling you what my computer shows!”… Then he said that the girls at the other office gave me the wrong information and mistakes happen. I was shaking because I didn’t understand and he was so rude. I told him that I was going to call the other office and he said ‘Go ahead, but you still owe us this money..” I told him not to touch my tooth, and said “fine, but you are still going to have to pay”…. I was shaking because I couldn’t believe that he just talked to me like that. He never even called the other office to see what the problem was. Then I called that office to get the number to the corporate office and the secretary put me on the phone and Chuck got on the phone and asked why I was calling corporate on him. He said “What are you going to say, that I gave you the wrong information”… I told him that I didn’t have to explain to him why I needed the corporate office number.. He said that is fine because they will just call me… His name is Chuck Ferrari and I had never been treated like this by anyone. I am warning everyone not to go there and that Chuck was so rude and unprofessional.

Un

Comments

• Be
      23rd of Apr, 2009

i hope chuck ferrari dies.

8th of May, 2009

I too have been "ripped off" by All Care and the rudeness of Chuck Ferrari is unbelievable!!! I am sending a complaint to the State Attorney General and I suggest everyone else does likewise!

• Ke
      5th of Sep, 2009

i dont know about the place you guys are talking about, but i totally agree about allcare especially the one in mansfield.they first messed up on a rootcanel they did on me an i had to go to an endontist an get surgeory done to have it fixed, went through pain for about6weeks, then shortly after the dentist broke a needle off in my jaw, had to go to an oral surgeorn, he had to contact ohiostate docters.i had to wait 5weeks in pain then finally had surgeory done on thursday an got the needle out, now am in alot more pain cause it was a really rough surgeory, but long story short they treat people like ### even there little girls that work at that front desk that dont know the first thing about customer service..all i got to say is allcare of mansfield needs to be shutdown it should have been a long time ago, an i think the attorney general or someone who can should really investagate them.

• Le
      21st of Sep, 2009

Very impersonal, dont care about your pain or feelings, just how much money they can extract from you and your insurance. The whole buisness manager thing is a farce. After my extractions i was shoved out of my chair into a waiting area with other people, dizzy, mouth had blood all over it with temporary dentures shoved in my face with no regards to the pain, gauze in hand people stared at me wondering whether to run while they could. Unfortunately i did not read the complaints beforehand and have to go there to get my dentures because I had to prepay. Staff is unprofessional and i witnessed a hygenist or whatever she was slamming things around after being scolded by the dentist. I advise anyone thinking of going there to think twice while you still have the option.

• Lo
      29th of Sep, 2009

I also agree about Chuck!! He is a horrible man who is very unprofessionsl and he has ZERO people skills. /he explains nothing and treats you like your stupid if you ask questions. He is rude and ignorant.

28th of Jan, 2010

I had the "pleasure" of dealing with Chuck also. I prepaid for work then decident not to reurn because of the all aorund unprofessional attitude of the building. Here's a few examples: The dentist gossiping about other peopel in the office while working on me. Office staff saying "hey" to me instead of excuse me. Telling me that I need oral surgery when all I needed was a cleaning and a cavity filled. And of course, Chuck. On October 12, 2009 I told them that I wouldn't be back and I that I wanted my money refunded. It's now January 28, 2009. Do you think I've gotten my money yet? No, I haven't. I just filed a complaint with the BBB.