ALLCare Dental / refused to treat but charged

1 Mishawaka, IN, United States Review updated:

I am extremely scared of dentists and so haven't been in 9 years. I called the local AllCare Dental office. I asked them if they would beable to medicate me for the appointment as my teeth are very sensitive and I get nervous. I was told that they would evaulate me and decide if it was necessary. So I went in a couple of weeks ago. They did the x-rays and then moved me to an open room to wait on the dentist. When she came she started talking to the nurse about having to pull my teeth without ever even saying "hi" to me. I got nervous and sat up. I asked if she said I needed teeth pulled. She then replied no that she had misread it. Then continued to talk to the nurse about all the bad teeth I had. I got really nervous listening and started a nervous laugh. She then told me that I had 5 cavities but she didn't think she could work on my because I was scared. I told her I was okay to please try. She informed me that she couldn't have me having a heart attack on her and looked inside my mouth for about a second. I was doing better than ever but yes a little scared. She told me that she was going to refer me to another dentist but couldn't give me an actual referral as I would just be going to another general dentist. I told her that I asked when I made the appointment about giving me something for nerves. She told me that when I called them I got sent to their main answering service that doesn't know what each office does. The Indiana offices don't use things such as laughing gas. I was then told that I could pick up my x-rays any time to bring to another dentist.
My insurance did get charged for the exam (which they didn't do) so I have to pay for my exam at the new dentist myself. I decided to call about getting my x-rays and was told I would have to give them 24 hrs and would have to pay a fee for them since I wasn't referred. I explained to them that the doctor told me she was verbally referring me but that they couldn't give me a written referal due to it be another general dentist and that I was told I could pick them up any time. She got rude and told me that I would have to give them 24 hrs and I would have to pay. The lady on the phone was flat out awful and didn't even try to help me. I'm still in shock that they never even tried to do any thing other than x-rays. I'm contacting my insurance to see what can be done.

Comments

• De
      27th of Jan, 2010

In January, 2009 I needed a tooth extracted and a new bottom plate. Allcare associates over the phone seemed very friendly and helpful so I went there. At first everything went well. Little did I know what was in store for me. The dentist was rude and her assistants were worse. They treat their clients like idiots. I worked in retail most of my life and have never encountered anything like this. Not only was it me but I could hear other clients being treated just as poorly. I had recently finished cancer treatments and did not need this aggravation in my life. Now they claim I owe them an extra $700.00 for dental extractions. I thought the bill was taken care of when I left their office. I now have teeth that hurt when I wear them. I went into the office to try to get them fixed properly and the girl actually asked me just what do I expect from them. I am no longer working and they want to sue me. It has been a nightmare. How they stay in business is beyond me.