ALLCare Dental / Billing

1 Knoxville, TN, United States Review updated:

Went into the dental office to have tooth pulled and was convinced to get a crown. Was told that insurance was
verified and would pay for a crown. We were both given a quote and paid for the balance at time of service as required by their office. The Insurance did not pay for crown and then we received a bill for more than the original quote. Also we were told that if insurance did not pay for full mouth x-rays they would write them off. We started in March 2010 calling the office because we were receiving bills monthly. We were told not to worry about the bills that everything would zero out in time. When we received the May bills and they were still not correct we contacted the office and asked for the manager, we were told that we could not talk to him so I faxed a spread sheet with all the transactions on it showing that the insurance company paid
more than expected and that they billed out to us the wrong amount. We requested in writing that this be resolved within two weeks and a reply given by e-mail or US postal service. The next month we received more bills for the same amount so we called the corporate office and then faxed them all the documents.
We were told that this matter would be taken care of. Then in August we called corporate office again because we had not heard anything from anyone, then they e-mailed the office manager about the account asking him to adjust it. Then in September we received more bills for the same amount and e-mailed
corporate asking them to PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM and included a review
of the issues at hand. A statement was included in that e-mail that said If they do not contact us by September 24, 2010 by certified mail we would consider our accounts to be at a zero balance and that we do not owe any balance for services rendered by them or anyone affiliated with them concerning our dental
care or collections of any debt agreed or not agreed upon. Still we got no response so we called and spoke to a Patient Relations person who assured us that this would be reviewed and taken care of and that they would contact us. I told them that 6 months of this was not acceptable and that so far this was handled in a non professional manner and that I was going to contact the BBB and she said that there was no need for that because she would get it resolved. Now it is November and we still have not had the courtesy of a call from ANYONE! I called today 11-1-10 and spoke to the same Patient Relations person who said no matter what she would call me by close of today to advise of the status. It is now 7:15 p.m. and we have not received any contact. We have gone above and beyond to resolve this issue with the office and corporate. If we billed them
for our time concerning this issue, they would owe us considerably more than what their incorrect invoices total. This company has very bad business practices and customer service!

Update: We filed a BBB complaint. The BBB tried several times to contact them and they would not respond! They are still hoping for a reply but based on all the complaints we found online, I doubt that will happen.

Br

Comments

• Di
      26th of Jul, 2010

Looking into my insurance coverage, I chose Allcare mainly because of its hours of availability. Wrong move. Went for my first visit, was told I had to have teeth pulled after x-rays were taken. Filled out a loan application to have this work done for over $5000.oo, was approved, set the date for the procedure, and went on my way. In between time, I checked them out and became very unsure of my decision because of comments received from others who had work done there and were very dissatisfied. Called and cancelled everything, told them to bill my insurance for work done. Had to go thru this stupid long process to get my "loan" cancelled for work I was not having done. Finally got a resolution from Chase Health Advance, but they told me I still owed them $102.00 plus interest for the work I had done. Told them that my insurance company had already paid this same exact amount and that I was not paying for work that had already been paid for by my insurance company. They told me I had to contact Allcare, which I will do tomorrow. This company is nothing but a royal pain. They are a business first, and a dental care provider a far distant second. Avoid them at all costs.

6th of Aug, 2010

I wish I had reserched Allcare Dental before going in also. We are now going thru the same problems.
    Allcare has pre-billed a Citi account for a treatment plan they came up with that had nothing to do with the orginal reason my wife made an appointment with them. Now we cannot get them to credit back to the Citi card the charges for canceled services. What a headache. I could not recommend Allcare to anyone. As the old saying, one complaint passes on ten times as far as one praise. I hope the complaints multiply.

• Ut
      1st of Dec, 2010

We had to same type of thing happen to our family. Stay away from that company and office or you will have an ongoing issue with care and their billing practices!

• Ut
      1st of Dec, 2010

Thank you, we will find another dentist office.

• El
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Allcare Dental - The company is nothing but a royal pain
    Allcare Dental

Looking into my insurance coverage, I chose Allcare mainly because of its hours of availability. Incorrect go. Went for my first visit, was told I had to have teeth pulled after x-rays were taken. Filled out a loan application to have this work done for over $5000.oo, was approved, set the date for the procedure, and went on my way. In between time, I checked them out and became very unsure of my choice because of comments received from others who had work done there and were very dissatisfied. Called and cancelled everything, told them to bill my insurance for work done. Had to go thru this stupid long process to get my "loan" cancelled for work I was not having done. Finally got a resolution from Chase Health Advance, but they told me I still owed them $102.00 plus interest for the work I had done. Told them that my insurance company had already paid this same exact amount and that I was not paying for work that had already been paid for by my insurance company. They told me I had to contact Allcare, which I will do tomorrow. the company is nothing but a royal pain. They are a business first, and a dental care provider a far distant second. Avoid them at all costs.

• Te
      3rd of Jun, 2016

We had a far worse experience with them. Avoid them; what they did to us and many others was unconscionable!