ALLCare Dental, Avon, Indiana / unprofessional

Allcare Dental & Dentures
Today was our third and last visit to Allcare Dental in Avon, IN. My son and I arrived at 8:00 AM for an 8:00 and 8:30 appointment for teeth cleaning. The doors were locked and no lights on. A young man, (the office manager??) unlocked the doors and let us in just as we were headed back to the car. I asked him if he was the only one there and he replied "Yes." As he proceeded to turn on the lights and the computers, I signed in on the clipboard on the last two spaces available. There was only one paper on it and it was from the previous day. We sat down in the waiting room waiting for the next 40 minutes while we watched employees stroll in many minutes late carrying in coffee and breakfast. I assume they were late. It would surprise me that no one is scheduled in to the office to prepare for the days customers BEFORE the customers are scheduled to arrive! So we continue to wait, never once greeted or acknowledged by the staff. At 8:40, I went to the front desk to inquire about what the problem might be. Because theywere eating breakfast and chatting in the back, no one came to the front desk. I could see them and I know they could see me waiting, yet they walked on ignoring me, the customer, STILL waiting at the front desk. As my son and I started to walk out the door, FINALLY, two people came up to the desk, with a wide-eyed look of wonderment at why customers would be walking out the front door! I told them that we would not be back to Allcare. We had an 8:00 appointment and it is now 8:40! The receptionist gave the excuse that the doctor was late because her son was sick and told me that I should understand because I have a son of my own. I was shocked that I was being spoken to in an unprofessional tone. This is my third visit and the third time I've been given an excuse as to why the doctor or employees were not there. I'm still wondering how the excuse of the doctor's son being sick caused everyone else to be late for work...hmmm. I was told that no services could be performed until a doctor was on site. The receptionist then asked me again what time my appointment was. I told her again that it was at 8:00 and it was now 8:45. If anyone had been there doing their job, they certainly would have known. I'm tired of the excuses, the poor customer service, the dirty examining room, the unprofessional staff, and their incompetent billing managers. After reading other complaints on this page, I'm so glad we didn't spend thousands of dollars to have the 12 cavities filled and the root canal performed that we were told (by Allcare) needed to be done for our 17 year old son!!

A  21st of Apr, 2009 by
Congrats, you saved yourself the trouble - your post is so true I actually can't explain, you have described a typical day at the office there.

problem lies in fact that it is driven by numbers and not customer service, people who are genuinely good don't work for such an employer and don't last long. That is the problem and I have heard of more than 100 employees come and go because they could not handle their poor customer service and illegal work methods to make money.