Allahabad Bank / Unwillingness to make demand draft on cash

1 India Review updated:

I went to Allahabad Bank, Tentulberia Branch, kolkata.code- 0211807. today for making a demand draft in cash as I dont have an account in this bank. The draft was prepared. It was ok. But when I went to receive my draft the senior Manager of the branch Mr. S.P. Verma instructed the officer concerned not to prepare any draft against cash unless the customer have an account in our bank. I asked the manager it would be of severe problem to students like us who so ever is preparing for competitive examinations. as we are residing away from our residence in a hostel so the where do we make a draft if it only requires from a nationalized bank. the manager mr. S.P. Verma told me in hard words that we have so many work yo do, would the candidate do our jobs. I was really surprised to learn such an answer from an officer of Allahabad Bank. Myself being an MbA in Finance from the University of Calcutta had never learnt such things from our teachers. We are learning corporate finance and after doing my internship from Indian Oil i have learnt that Customer is the king and customer service has to be our utmost importance how can we forget such motives after getting a job in one of the oldest bank of India.

Really I am Surprised. I just want that candidates like me who go to the bank for making a DD shall not be sent without it.

Indrajit Dey
Student
MBA in FInance
University Of Calcutta
Department of Commerce.

Comments

• Mo
      6th of Dec, 2007

Sir/Madam,
    I transferred some money from UK to my mother's account in allahabad bank in lucknow branch. I have been told that it was tranferred on 14th of november. But when i got the passbook updated there was no such transaction. This is very dissapointing.

12th of Feb, 2009

Respected Sir,

With due respect and reproach I am writing to you my complaint. This event happened with me in Allahabad Bank (AMU Branch, Aligarh ) and the person concerned with this complaint is the Branch Manager. This event took place on 27/01/2009 at 10:25am.

I went the above stated branch to check my account but the concerned person was not present at that moment. I asked nearby official to solve my problem. But he refused by saying that it is not his work. Then I reapproached the Branch Manager Mr. 'M.M. Ali' to solve my problem but his behaviour was awfully miserable. Mr. Ali told me that the concerned official will arrive in one hour and that there is no alternative arrangement and said shamelessly that "the official may have some work at home to do". Then I asked him what to do..? He said, I should wait. I said I have been waiting for an hour and that I have some important work to do. On this Mr. Ali became angry and out of rage he said " tumhe koi kaam dhaam nahi hain aur yahan se turant chale jao". I was shocked and came out of the cabin.

It is a matter of shame for your esteemed to have kept such an impolite person in such a respectable post of "Branch Manger". Please look into the matter and please take appropriate action against Mr. Ali.

Yours Sincerely