All Victory Moving & Storage - Chatsworth, CA / Lost my boxes!

All Victory Moving & Storage of Chatsworth, California moved my belongings from San Diego, CA to Tampa, FL. They picked up on July 21, 2005 and delivered on August 19, 2005. The price they charged was $2000 more than the estimate they provided. They arrived 5 hours late on pick up day in an Enterprise rental truck, not an All Victory moving van. They delivered two weeks late to Florida. Marina Lugasi, one of the owners of All Victory Moving & Storage and her sales representative, Steve were my contacts. I had been told by Steve that my items would be delivered on 8/6/05, and that nothing would be lost. That is not what happened.

Whenever I called Marina Lugasi or Steve to find out if the truck had left California, and when I would receive my belongings, I was given the run around. I was told by Marina Lugasi that she did not know when the truck would leave, or when I would get my things. When I asked who owned the company as I wanted to file a complaint, she said she did not know. This is a lie as Marina Lugasi is one of three people who own All Victory Moving & Storage. The other owners are her husband Avhram (Avi) Lugasi and Victor Sabach. Marina Lugasi also claimed she did not know the name of the dispatcher, the person who knew when the truck would leave California. The dispatcher was Avi Lugasi.

All Victory Moving & Storage lost some of my boxes somewhere between Chatsworth, CA and Tampa, Florida. I was told by the driver, a man named Meyer, or Maier, or Mayer, or something like that, and his partner Levi, that they made deliveries in Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and northern Florida. When they delivered my belongings they were not in an All Victory moving van but in an Atlas moving van. Meyer said he had deliveries for many different moving companies on his truck. Steve told me only All Victory customers items would be on the truck.

Meyer and Levi would not allow me to check off my boxes against my contract as they brought items into my house. They said that they did not have time, they were Jews, it was Friday, the Sabbath, it was getting dark, and they had to leave immediately. I did not argue with them as I was a woman alone in a new city where I knew no one and they were four men. I was told if anything was missing to file a claim within 30 days with All Victory’s claim management company.

Meyer, the driver and foreman, insisted on payment in cash. I was told by Marina Lugasi to pay by postal money order. On both ends the foreman supervising the workers insisted they be given a gratuity of 10% of the cost of the move. I was not told by Marina Lugasi there would be a gratuity charged on top of the cost of the move, nor had I ever heard of movers being tipped by customers.

All Victory Moving & Storage has not made any effort to locate my missing items. Their claim company, Anthem Claim Management of Arizona has denied my claim. I am working on locating my missing items myself.

Did All Victory Moving & Storage move you during July or August 2005? Did you receive boxes that are not yours? My labels were light blue and numbered LP0029.

Please contact me if you think you have my missing items. I will make arrangements for them to be picked up and delivered to me in Florida. The boxes contain women’s shoes, carved wooden boxes that belonged to my deceased parents, a gray desk telephone, wooden jewelry boxes, silver tipped cowboy boots, some cat figurines, and some costume jewelry. While the dollar value of these items may not be much, the sentimental value is priceless. Please help me resolve this situation.

All Victory has not responded to my requests to come to their warehouse in Chatsworth, California to search for my missing boxes. They do not respond to phone messages, e-mail messages, or certified postal mail. When I have spoken with a representative of the company asking for assistance with this matter they say they will have someone call me back but no one ever does.

Comments

Er
  25th of Oct, 2007

I too had a similar experience with this company. The only thing that I had was that they held my belongings hostage for a few months. Since I was unable to get any assistance from any agency, as they sided with this company, and after paying out well over $10,000 more to finally get my things (furniture, etc), i then learned that a number of furniture, antiques, personal items, clothing, etc... were missing. Some of which was and is not able to be replaced. I also had many things broken or destroyed by this company.

This took place from September 14, 2005 and through April 2006. I have tried to get this company to settle this mess but, they had refused and now I cannot locate them anywhere.