All TV Stations / onn screen logo

When T.V. stations started putting their logo in the lower right corner of the screen, apparently to stop video pirating, I didn't have a problem with it. But as with most jerk-offs they couldn't stop there. Some stations are respectful and have a transparent logo. See through white lettering works fine. Others have gone completely mad with their logo. Now some are huge logos that even move. Then to top it off they run all their upcoming show previews across the bottom of the screen. I'm paying to watch most of the stations I view and I'd like to watch the show not half a screen of other crap. My cure for most of these stations is remove them from my Favorite List so I never even see their station line-up again.

I'm reading about a Class Action suit for this logo burning into the screen to. With 500 stations more or less to watch the stations I delete from viewing will not be missed. Wise Up.

Comments

• Ro
      18th of Oct, 2008

STOP with all the stuff on the TV screens. It gets worse as time goes on. VERY ANNOYING

• Ro
      6th of Mar, 2009

Just because you can doesn"t mean you should!!!. I was watching a show that had

subtitles, they were blocked out by some dumb ad about the show that was coming on next.

I also recall a show being blocked out almost entirly by an add. End it or I will end my

veiwing!!! I pay good money for the programing I don't need more advertising.

• Ju
      1st of Mar, 2010

I agree for the first time in my life I am considering not watching TV. Or at least limiting my viewing to non logo channels. Maybe even giving up my subscription because of the intrusion of the unnecessary logos. In fact I am now beginning to resent the very stations who once brought me my favourite programmes. Tv is a primarily pictorial resource, not a marketing tool mid programme. I care about tv, I used to love it - now I am beginning to loath it. If the companies ever wanted to Piss Off their most loyal customers they have finally found the answer. Is it so hard to have the logo come up when the channel is changed then fades. Then the companies might once more gain some respect.

• Mr
      28th of Jan, 2012

I agree with your posts a hundred percent. I will be going into advertising myself, and television advertising has littered the road way for others to try and clean up. As for logos on the screen, and upcoming shows popping up even irritates me. "Greed is their Game" and "Looser will be their first name." If any one would bring the advertising, wore out crud, into my advertising business, I would help them find the door. Customers and viewing audiences are wearing out from to much rude advertising being shoved down their throats. Keep up the good work all of you. JLR

• B1
      26th of Apr, 2013

Somehow, there must be an effective way to stop this ridiculous advertising on something we all are paying for... most of the time for programs not worthy of the prices. I have informed the superior PBS Thirteen that I will cancel my contribution because of the insulting invasion into my life of the inane logo display and advertising for whatever purpose during their programs. We all live through the advertising during intermissions but to have the same nonsense during the programs is the ultimate insult. Boycotts of all those involved may work even if those addicts who watch television constantly are lost in their own worlds.