All Star Moving Services LLC / The worst management

Fristly I would like to say that the actual moving people were very good and very informative. But one of the owners whose name I would leave out to be nice, was very very very rude. He had an attitude when explaining additional charges, stating that this wasnt a "game". who plays games with money these days is my response. The company tried to charge us an addtional 2000.00 for the items we actually had listed on our quote; the communications between the actual person you speak to in the beginning and the final people was also horrible. 2000.00 no matter how much money you have is alot, and with a new born even more. I could not believe how rude the management was... and sadly and stupidly they will be missing out on alot of work due to this. I have no problem paying for something if I am told upfront not a day before, and the day of. They also sent two people to lift a 6 draw dresser with no straps...i mean come on. Anyway there is no need to respond back to me and there with be no referrals to the 10 other people that i know are moving due to our company. I will never use or recommend this company even to my worst enemy. Just for a visiual, we have a 1 bed room 700 and sum sqft apt, with nothign but clothes and a few walmart, put that ### together yourself items.

Ja

Comments

• Cr
      14th of Aug, 2009
    All Star Moving Services LLC - Very very rude owner
    All Star Moving Services LLC
    allstarmovers.com

Firstly I would like to say that the actual moving people were very good and very informative. But one of the owners whose name I would leave out to be nice, was very very very rude. He had an attitude when explaining additional charges, stating that this wasnt a "game". who plays games with money these days is my response. The company tried to charge us an addtional 2000.00 for the items we actually had listed on our quote; the communications between the actual person you speak to in the beginning and the final people was also horrible. 2000.00 no matter how much money you have is alot, and with a new born even more. I could not believe how rude the management was... and sadly and stupidly they will be missing out on alot of work due to this. I have no problem paying for something if I am told upfront not a day before, and the day of. They also sent two people to lift a 6 draw dresser with no straps...i mean come on. Anyway there is no need to respond back to me and there with be no referrals to the 10 other people that i know are moving due to our company. I will never use or recommend this company even to my worst enemy. Just for a visiual, we have a 1 bed room 700 and sum sqft apt, with nothign but clothes and a few walmart, put that ### together yourself items.

• Li
      29th of Oct, 2009

Our experience with this moving company was horrible. We have a 3 level townhouse and only paid $600 so I am shocked at the $2000 quoted above. What a rip-off. Regardless, I have moved a few times and ALWAYS use a moving company. I must say that there is a difference between professional movers and men with a truck. My last movers came with three people. One gentlemen came with tools and broke down the furniture and exercise equipment while the others loaded the truck with boxes. Once everything was broken down, they moved those broken down items onto the truck. They had me packed up and moved out in 1 hour and 17 minutes (I actually went through my stuff and checked the log). Since I was moving from NJ to NY, the entire move took about 3.5 hours. I moved into a pre-war 4 floor walk-up with a small elevator. After that move, I only bought clothes, bags and shoes, but the subsequent move included the same big items.

In this case, instead of breaking down the exercise equipment they carried it up the stairs. Huh? It wieghed 302 lbs. We actually went out for about an hour and when we came back they were sitting in my dining room chatting it up. One of them was outside on a personal call, as well. They carried small crates downstairs one at a time. The entire move took six hours! It was painful to watch. It really is not about the money, I just felt taken. I am an attorney and actually considered suing them for theft in small claims court, but my husband talked me off the ledge.

My advice is if you have a simple move and just need some extra lifter, this company is for you. If you are moving into a house, keep looking. Our house will be ready in 3 months, we will be using our old movers.

1st of Aug, 2012

My experience is very very bad with All star moving service. I am not going to use this service again in my life. They gave me one quote 899$ when I discussed with them and I ended up paying 1500$ after the delivery. So don't trust them when they give a quote.
    They will get your stuff from your house and then they should hand over your stuff some other movers. So they are not responsible for your items once they take the stuff from your house. Overall experience very bad.

Thanks,