All Pet Headquarters / Sold us a sick puppy, who died!

1 2530 Las Posas Rd.Camarillo, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 805 388-9039

This owner is a complete liar and all she wants is peoples money!! We bought a puppy from her for over $1, 000 and it DIED! It was very sick only 4 days after we got it, we took it to 2 different vets twice, they both have agreed it had 2 bad parasites. We tried giving it the Dr. prescribed antibiotics, and it helped for one day, then just a few days later it was very sick again, we took it back, and the poor thing actually died! Then the owner argued that "her vets" checked it before and it was perfectly fine! Because our dog was just a puppy we never even let it outside until it was going to be old enough, and we don't own any other animals... where else would it have gotten sick!? All in all, we had him LESS than 2 weeks, and then he died, and that owner has still not properly and fairly rectified the situation. I was also told for a fact by the owner when we purchased the puppy that it was being brought over from Missouri... If you research Puppy Mills at all you would find that Missouri is one of the most known places for Puppy Mills!!! All this woman cares about is getting her $1, 000.00 per puppy! Then she lies, and lies and lies about the health issues AFTER she has your money. After our puppy died she didn't even have the decency to give our money back!!! We got a PARTIAL refund!Like it was something we bought at a department store. Oh, and I also did research on the Consumer Affairs website and what she has done is ILLEGAL!

As

More All Pet Headquarters Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Le
      14th of Apr, 2008

I DISAGREE WITH THE CONTENT OF THE COMPLAINT. IT IS NOT PROVEN THAT THIS PUPPY CAME FROM A PUPPYMILL, NOT EVERY BREEDER IN MISSOURI IS A PUPPYMILL. IT HAD TO BE A USDA BREEDER WHO SOLD THIS PUPPY TO THE STORE/BROKER. THEY ARE REGULATED AND INSPECTED ON A REGULAR BASIS. AS TO HAVING THE PUPPY FOR 2 WEEKS THEN LOSING IT, PARVO, COCCIDIA AND DISTMPER CAN BE FATAL AFTER BEING EXPOSED 2-14 DAYS PRIOR. I DO NOT THINK THERE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO PROVE YOUR CLAIM, I THINK YOU ARE DISTRAUGHT OVER THE LOSS OF YOUR PET, BUT THE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR NAME CALLING IS NOT JUSTIFIED

• Ke
      16th of Oct, 2008

Even if some or all of the puppies from her store are not from puppy mills... the point is that the owner (Laurie Pickersgill) does NOT back her products up. She sold an animal that was clearly sick and not healthy and it actually died only a few days later. Again... the puppy may have or may not have come from a puppy mill.. there are two separate issues here. 1. If the puppies are really coming from mills... 2. The main issue in this complaint is that SHE DOES NOT BACK HER ANIMALS!!!

So what? If I go buy a brand new car, and a few days later it suddenly falls apart and (dies).. the dealership and car company should pretty much have nothing to do with that, right? I should be stuck with the bill and its totally fine that they don't back their products up.

Laurie's vets/doctors are connected right onto her store. They can totally work together behind closed doors and say whatever to help mainly their profits without the public knowing anything about it. I find it so extremely coincidental that her vets say "everything is fine" but vets outside of her store (multiple vets I may add) are diagnosing major health problems with her animals. I say this not just from this article.. but from personal experience.

I also hear stories from people that had a wonderful experience from her store and that everything is fine. That's great! That is the way that EVERY experience should be when you are making a very big decision like adding a member to your family. If Laurie Pickersgill happens to sell an animal that is unhealthy BUT backs up her animals the way she is suppose to... I would not have any problems with the store and the owner. BUT the fact is, again from personal experience and numerous of other articles claiming the same exact thing (go ahead and google "Laurie Pickersgill", SHE DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

18th of Dec, 2008

I am going to have to disagree with Kevin. I as well bought a puppy from All Pet Head Quarters, As well as a kitten. The puppy had a cough and cold for a week. The kitten we bought from there was sick the very next day that we had brought him home. I spent over $600.00 on vet bills becuase the kitten had a herpes infection in the eye that it he had encountered while being in Laurie's care...
    I would have to conquer with the writer, and warn people not to buy the sickly over priced animals from All Pet Head Quarters.

• Ke
      23rd of Dec, 2008

To Anita,

I am 100% against everything that has to do with "All Pet Headquarters". Through personal experience I am never to again set foot in that store, nor recommend the store to ANYONE.

I went through a horrible experience after purchasing a puppy from her store. I too actually was stuck with vet bills, (well over a couple thousand for me). It sickens me that she is still running her business to this day.

I fully support and believe that anyone who has or had the same experience as myself and many others should be taking Laurie Pickersgill to small claims court. The owners need to be removed from the pet industry entirely!

You have misread my comment about "All Pet Headquarters"

• Fr
      4th of Sep, 2009

The place is hell for puppies. Laurie Pickersgill is a disgusting individual. She is all about money. Her employees are mostly high school volunteers needing hours for their college applications. Her stock of pet foods includes some of the worst products (such as Science Diet and Purina brands). Her puppies tend to be too young to be sold (puppies should remain with their mothers until they are at least 8 weeks old).

I only did business there when my Rough Collie was alive. I changed to a higher quality dog food which they seemed to carry. After purchasing only once, the item was never one the shelf again. When I asked about it, Mrs. Pickersgill became extremely defensive and blamed the shortage on the delivery company. She said that every pet in Southern California store was currently experiencing the same thing. Big Al's Pet Food Warehouse carried the same food and had loads in stock. I asked them about shipment problems, and they had none to report. Basically, Laurie Pickersgill lies. She will lie about anything to continue bringing in the cash.

I sincerely hope Camarillo pet owners figure this out and put that woman out of business. There are other pet food stores that will serve you better. Petropolis is my favorite. Even Petco and PetSmart are better choices.

By the way, Leah Coates, you don't fool anyone. We all know that is just one of many pseudonyms to hide your true identity - Laurie Pickersgill. The tip off is is the ALL CAPS typing. Mrs. Pickersgill is famous for those ALL CAPS responses, because YELLING is all she knows to do.