Alkana Law Group / Misleading 100%

1 1025 N. Brand #301 Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-5295088 or 818-956-8317

We began our jacked up journey with Alkana Law Group in April of 2009. It was false promises from the beginning, different empployees every week, never the same person twice! We were told at the beginning that once we hired an attorney that our bank, wells Fargo, would not be able to foreclose on our property...boy were they wrong.

We were also told, our 2nd would be dropped completely, possibly our primary would at least have a lower interest rate and a longer term.

We kept in contact every few weeks at first, got everything they requested, even received letters from our bank that we had hired Alkana Law Group...then NOTHING. We continued to receive mail from wells Fargo stating that we neede to work out whatever problems we had, we were informed by our Alkana REP., not to speak Wells Fargo and to forward them to our attorney.

I faxed every correspondence we had received from Wells, I emailed and kept in contact now every week, because I DID NOT WANT TO LOSE MY HOME!

Now, I am emailing and calling every day, and to my amazement, I get the letter taped to my front door, that our home was being auctioned off in a month.

Now, Alkana says they can push the date back, to get us more time to figure out why nothing had been done in 4 months of time! Well, needless to say, nothing still. Now, our attorney's state that Wells wants a lump sum of at least half of what we hadn't paid.

Mind you, Alkana "couldn't legally say" for us to stop paying, but most definetely hinted to the fact that it would be OK if we did stop paying. It would put pressure on Wells Fargo to work with us.

So, here we are...packing up our home, applying for Bankruptcy so we may have more then 2 weeks to pack our entire home and ABSOLUTELY not a damn thing from Alkana! Nothing, zilch, nada...

They are worthless, they tug at property homeowners heart strings with false hope. We also referred a family memeber to this group, because they sounded like they would be helpful to us..and guess what his house is now in FORECLOSURE as well.

And yes, we are out of pocket $3, 000.00 bucks...so, save your money, work with the banks directly. Call your local HUD office, call HOPE NOW...we got more help from this NON PROFIT charities then we did from these poor excuses of Attorney's.

Amen.

More Alkana Law Group Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Kl
      31st of Aug, 2009

I ALSO HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH ALKANA SINCE APRIL, I FAXED OVER ALL THE DOCUMENTS WHEN REQUESTED, BUT THEY TOOK THERE TIME BY FAXING THEM TO THE BANK. I CALL EVERY TWO WEEK S TO CHECK THE STATUS, AND THEY GIVE ME THE SAME ANSWER ( THAT IT IS BEING REVIEWED AND THAT IT COULD TAKE UP TO ANOTHER 45 DAYS DAYS). I DON'T KNOW WHO TO ASK FOR ANYMORE BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IS WORKING ON MY CASE. IF I WANTED TO KEEP CALLING THEM I COULD HAVE DONE THIS MODIFICATTION MYSELF BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MOVING ANY FASTER THAN I COULD HAVE.

• Da
      29th of Apr, 2010

I also have been working with Alkan since August 2009. They have done nothing but give us the run around. We are in our 60's and now have to worry about where we are going to be living before to long.I have been calling them every week more than once a week and either I get an answering machine or I get I will call you back later, or I have to talk to your lender. We now are in dire straights because of Alkana and dont know what to do, because our mortgage company will not even speak to us. I at one point was told that they were going to work on it so we could have the house for free. So far all we have heard are lies.

• Sl
      19th of May, 2010

We are currently working with Alkana Law Group and are starting to experience the same problems as others have listed. They told me at the very beginning that our 2nd mrtg would be dropped and to stop worrying because they will take of everything. All started off fine and they have stopped answering my emails and forget about phone calls. All you get is answering machines. We just received a foreclosure sale date of June 11th, 2010 and are desperate for REAL HELP. I'm trying to work with my mortgage company Aurora Loan Services, but they are not very helpful either. They take your money and give you false hope and empty promises. We are now trying to resolve this issue on our own.

• Co
      19th of May, 2010

I wish I had read this sooner! I was just writing a letter today - trying to get my money back after they failed to get my loan modification done... contract clearly states that if Attorney does not get the job done in 180 days, then Client is entitled to a full refund. Now it is 9 MONTHS LATER... and still nothing... I sent two emails with no response... then called, no one available... now I am trying a paper letter.

• Ni
      29th of May, 2010

I too have been working with Alkana since April of 2009 and have gotten nowhere. The people are always changing and have sent and re-sent the same information several times over the last year. I have also requested my money back as they have not gotten me an answer in over a year and that was denied. I am still in limbo. When I first signed with them, I was told it could take up to four months. They said they would most likely get my second mortgage dropped. All I wanted from Wells Fargo was a refinanced loan other than interest only at 7.85% to make payments more affordable.

This company definitely does not help in this situation. Would not recommend.

• Pa
      28th of Jul, 2010

I FEEL SICK TO MY STOMACH, I didn't see these complaints before and now I am adding to them! Why is this company allowed to be in business?? We sent our certified letter about two weeks ago and have heard nothing in return, have any of you worked with Paul Thompson, he was our underwriter and treated us with extremely disrespectful and rude!!! Class action suit anyone??

• De
      16th of Sep, 2010

If anyone has some sort of law suit or has idea please share. I have gotten no satisfaction from these scammers. I am in foreclosure and lost 3, 000.00...desperate with f babies...

• St
      28th of Sep, 2010

We have been working with the Alkana Law Firm since Aug 09. They promised us a refinance on both our 1st and 2 mortgage at a much lower rate. Our 2nd mortgage has been refinanced from 7.5% to about 4.5%. The payments dropped from $565 to $333 per month . . . a big help. However, we have not had any results from refinance on our first mortgage. Alkana keeps telling us that it is close but still no results in over 14 months. It makes you wonder why all the comments submitted here are BAD. I think the results of the refinance depends more on the mortgage company then it does the law firm. We wont start packing until we get the Foreclosure Notice. If we end up with a foreclosure, I am all for a Class Action Suit.

15th of Apr, 2011

yeah and they the same with RA LAW GROUP crock!!!

15th of Apr, 2011

yeah and it is the same crook company with RA LAW GROUP. I signed up with RA LAW GROUP dealed with Angie and star there, same problem, I lost 1 of my house after dealing with them for more than a year and they would not give full refund at all and they only offer a fifth of what I paid, after I lost my house? no way and I am report them to bbb so they can not scam others, becareful outhere as I am learned my lesson the hard way.

15th of Apr, 2011

their expert is only to take your money$$$ with ATTORNEY TITLE!!!

15th of Apr, 2011

same as RA LAW GROUP AND WHO knows what else but so far they all located in Glendale so be careful if you going to hire attorney in Glendale CA area especially on BRAND AVE.