Alief YMCA / heidi brasher

1 Houston, TX, United States

My compliant is both moral and personal, it's a long story so I will see how I can put it together here. My family joined the Alief YMCA around 1999/2000. My son started playing sports there at the age of 4 and both my husband and I volunteered to coach and my husband worked as a part time ref for various sports. In 2009 Heidi Brasher started working at the Alief YMCA and late 2009 Heidi and my husband started a 8 month affair. I found out on 9-2-2010 about the affair and contacted the CEO of the Greater Houston YMCA (Clark Baker) and soon spoke with Joni Phariss the HR person. Yes I was hurt and angry and made some called to let everyone at the YMCA know what this woman and my husband did. This woman attended my son's football and basketball games, sat in the stands with me and my husband. She be-friended my son, gave him gifts when he would go to the Y to play basketball and would have him sit in her office all while she was sleeping with his father. Because the YMCA is who they are and advertise themselves as a Christian facility I truly believed she would get fired. But instead the YMCA moved her and hide her from me. So as the betrayed I was treated like the bad guy.. Why because I was hurt and angry.. Only someone that has never felt that kind of pain wouldn't understand the devastation that comes with that level of betrayal. So I don't believe the YMCA should advertise themselves as a Christian facility when this woman that was not only the ED of the Alief YMCA, she was the boss would get away with what she and my husband did. I thought that being members of the YMCA would be the best thing for me and my family and for the first 10 years it was.. but this person comes along and the YMCA allows this person to continue to be an employee, I will never refer the YMCA nor ever be a member ever in my life.