ALIBRIS / Long Delay of Delivery

1 OR, United States Review updated:

I was a seller for this organization. I shipped books the same or next day. However, they would pool international deliveries at their warehouse where they would sit and gather until sufficient were accumulated to ship en masse. Delays would be more than a month. Just from Texas to Canada, it would take more than a month. That's plain ridiculous.

Meanwhile, I would get a complaint from the buyer assuming I'm the party at fault. I had to explain to several buyers how it worked and apologize for Alibris' horrible business practice and its effect on the buyer.

I would receive negative feedback and have to get Alibris correct that feedback and add a note stating I was not at fault. Unfortunately, such is not looked upon well by customers.

The only solution is for Alibris to drastically increase shipping speed or provide the funds for the seller to ship the book direct to the buyer.

Comments

• Li
      15th of Apr, 2014
    ALIBRIS - Did not receive book
    ALIBRIS
    CALIFORNIA
    Phone: 510-594-4586
    ALIBRIS.COM

MY VISA CARD WAS BILLED $17.09 FOR A BOOK BY HALLIE POMROY "THE THYROID DIET. I NEVER RECEIVED THE BOOK. I CAN'T SEND AN E-MAIL WITH A QUESTION BECAUSE IT CAN'T GO THROUGH. I CALLE3D 510-594-4586 AND THERE IS ONLY AN UNHELPFUL VOICE MAIL SYSTEM AND I CAN'T GET A HUMAN ON THE LINE.