Alexis Park / Employment In Security Department

DO NOT WOK HERE IF YOU ARE SMART!!!

I worked for this company from 8/08 to 6/09. Peregrine Security is the official name for the security department. The company has the Alexis Park Resort Hotel in Las Vegas as well as a handful of weekly apartment complexes. I had complained about one of my fellow security officers who failed to back me up on 3 incidents in one night. I was written up. The local newspaper ran an article about the prostitutes in Las Vegas with the pictures of the prostitutes. The security department had a list of prostitutes that were given by the Vice Squad detectives. I posted the pictures next to the list of names and was made an example of for weeks for posting on the board. However, one of the supervisors posted his personal furniture for sale on the department board as well as the hotel board, which was a violation, but he did not get in trouble. I posted something that was job-related and got into trouble. I also advised one of the front desk clerks (handled pabx at night) to find out as much information as possible from the guest if the guest is requesting immediate security presence, that way the officer does not get into a situation blind. The front desk clerk complained and I was written up. I told a room service employee not to park in an area that she was unauthorized to park in, and I was written up. That is 3 write-ups that should never have happened. The security director had praised the graveyard employees (I was one of them) for doing their job, then in the same breath, he told the graveyard employees that they were not doing their job properly. After these "incidents", I requested a transfer to work at the apartments, which was hesitantly granted. At one of the apartment complexes, I overheard the manager talking to the workers about her sexual prowess. She also stated that she had a crack pipe in her desk and that she was willing to set up the tenants if she did not like them. I reported these to the security director. He blew it off as it is part of the manager's sense of humor. That manager called the FBI stating that one of the tenants, who is a gym buff, and works at the airport for years, as an international drug dealer. He was red-flagged at the airport and almost cost him his job. That resident lived at that apartment complex for over 12 years and has dealt with many managers. He was able to straighten out his job situation as he knew the airport police officers. She eventually apologized to him. There was another tenant who swings a golf club in a grassy/dirt area, and on occasion, practices with a small, plastic, golf ball sized wiffle ball. That ball does not travel 50 feet and cannot break any windows. She wanted this tenant written up for a violation of the rules in the worst way. There was nothing in the rules stating that he cannot swing his clubs. The manager got the security director involved and the security director had the audacity to say that the little wiffle ball is a lethal weapon. The security officers, as well as the local police, thought all of this was hilarious. As it turned out, the apartment manager and the security director are extremely good friends, and any complaint against the manager will be thrown out. The manager, acting in collusion with the security director, had one of her customer service reps (who did not like security) write a statement saying that I was giving out company secrets. As it turned out, the manager went from employee to employee to find one willing to write that statement. The manager also told two of the residents, including the golfer, that I was fired for talking to them. I always thought that part of customer service was to talk to the tenants in this case. As a military veteran, I held a security clearance, and have never given any secrets. The security director also said that security employees get a pay raise at 90 days, 6 months, and after a year. There was no such pay raise. The security director would play with everybody's schedule. I never had the same days off from week to week. There were those that could not work graveyard, and he scheduled those people to work graveyard. I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist, but it is clear that the security director is bi-polar, as he shows all symptoms. AVOID THIS COMPANY IF YOU ARE SMART.

1s

Comments

14th of Aug, 2009

I used to live at Shelter Island Apts. and I was not happy with the Manager there, when I heard Johnny was terminated I decided to move out, He did a good job in keeping the place clean along with the help of 3 Security Officers who ended up either getting Terminated or moved to another property, in the last few months this place has turned into a big ### hole, the current office staff working at that property have no clue what they're doing most of the time and I'm amazed how they still have a job for there poor customer service skills, I fell a 3 toed sloth could do a better job

• Ih
      6th of Jun, 2011

i HAVE FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE OF THIS ALSO

• Yo
      11th of Aug, 2011

You put something on the board and that IS against the rules. You put it into his box and he decides if it's allowed on the board. You went over his head and disobeyed the rules, you got in trouble. If a supervisor put their furniture on the board they're allowed because supervisors are also allowed to put things on the board, even if it is something stupid like that. I don't see how you could have had a write up over asking for as much info as possible from the front desk, considering that we definitely require them to tell us everything or we flat out say "No, tell us everything or we will NOT go there."

I'm sure the manager at the property was joking. The guy swinging a golf club, yes, that is considered a weapon. I wouldn't trust 99% of the tenants a quarter as far as I can throw them. I wouldn't have let them swing a golf club either, and definitely if he's hitting stuff. There was a 6 year old with a piece of metal swinging at tiny rocks in the dirt, I requested that he not swing it and to bring it inside to his unit as it's unsafe. He immediately complied and there were no more problems. A 6 year old can still swing a piece of metal pretty hard, imagine an adult.

The security director is friendly with employees? MY GOSH, THAT ###. Come on.

And everyone gets their days switched off because major events happen at the hotel so... Yeah, when they need 10 people for a 900 people event, don't be surprised you get pulled into work.

• Li
      1st of Mar, 2013

John Crank director of security gives right to supervisors to treat you like dirt, peaces of ### meaning verbal abuse, threaten you insult you among others..This people should be remove from this property for their actions..And I think this director of security has something going with Century Employment because guards don't last more than 3 month and they make payments to the staff agency and when you are fired from Alexis Park the agency refuses to send you somewhere else I think they have some kind of agreement together.

• Nu
      27th of Oct, 2013

to whom it may behoove...i was recently terminated for so called "Color of Authority" and that i was a "Civil Liability"...for starters i am a veteran and worked security much longer than the supervisors in the comapny...they described "Color of Authority" as if it was "quid pro quo" but in uniform...i had made a trespass and escorted them off...then the same trespasser was on property and enetering a unit...so i placed a civil arrest on the individual..after i contacted metro, i waited 30 min. contacted Mr. Crank...he told me to release her do to her compliance...thats ###...thats like catching a fish and releasing it...on top of things i was involved in a domestic disturbance which resulted another officer going to the hospital with minor scratches...i get nearly beaten...and metro releases the f'n ###...on a trespass even though he has over $10, 000 worth of warrants...(lazy ###). I get the blame for the officer going to the hospital but yet im sitting in the office with a black and blue bruise on my jaw..and i get terminated...in all my years of working with Fortune 500 companies i have never heard of "Color of Authority"...be advised they screw with your schedule way to much and give only a handful of officers OT, mega ###. Century Employment Group...i owe $65.00...### them!!! i not giving to them...if you live on property expect gossip among the tenants too...i worked at The Suites at Flamingo...Pam the manager...Oh god, the same day im terminated i arrive on duty and the tenantes tell there was a drive by and management just blew it off...what if some kid or elderly was shot or even killed ...serious ###!!!

• Gh
      17th of Feb, 2014

@ NUNYAbuziness aka Brent Tower. You're a [censored]in inbred country redneck [censored]. You have no one to blame but yourself for getting fired. You had the nerve to handcuff a [censored]in 8 month pregnant lady for trespassing. You a complete walking "###up" that's waiting to happen. You were chasing down teenagers who lived at the property and then tried to trespass them. You almost got your partner nearly killed by trying to play a "cop". Something every officer is told once they start working. Not to mention, you were [censored]ing one of the tenants and tried to hide it lol. Now your sissy ### is out of work, car got repoed, don't have a pot to piss in and up girlfriend left you lol, So you move back to good "ol Texsis". Brent, you were a [censored]ing Coast Guard who thought he was better than everybody because you had that experience alone lol. You tried to play "Metro Cop" and see where that found you. Nobody [censored]ed you over Brent, "Brent [censored]ed Brent" period! So stop all the bytching.