alexa calloway / harrasament, threats

1 monckers corner, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-836-0073

supposely a law firm that said that they were the local county investigations depart. they said unless i paid them $657 in one and half hours or they would send the police department to pick me up. then they said they would take a payment by going to local b of a bank and depositing the money there. gave me an acct. number and they said it would all go away and never heard again.well they are impersonating as police then state and federal officials. they could not make up their mind. they also gave me the address of the local city hall and said that they were at the state building until i told them that there is no such building in town and that was the city hall building. the supervisor did no tlike that i was one up on her. but they are a bunch of scammers.

Comments

20th of Nov, 2008
    alexa calloway - Collections
    Spellman & Roman
    Moncks Corner
    South Carolina

I had this lady from this so called company call me at work this morning and threaten to have a warrant out for my arrest if I did not deposit $ 800.00 into a Bank of America account. She stated that I owed on a pay day loan from 2007 and they were proceeding with fraudelant check charges and it was a felony in the state of Michigan. I explained that I am in the process of filing bankruptcy and she said no matter what I was not protectred because they had the Wayne Count Clerk on the phone ready to issues a warrant for my arrest, my son would be removed from my custody, etc. She said if I did not want to suffer from the embarrassmant of being arrested in front of my son or at my job this money was to be deposited within the hour. I called my dad and he was concerend with me getting arrested and went deposited the last of his funds into this account. I spoke with my attorney ( bankruptcy ) and come to find out this is all a scare tactic to get you to pay the debt. I called them back and demanded they refund me the money and if they choose to have criminal charges brought against me than to do so. I will have my attorney supeana all the recodings of them threatening to have me arrested. I am still waiting for the director of this company to contact me about me getting refunded.

20th of Nov, 2008

I hate to break it to you, but you're not getting a penny back. They went through all that trouble to get what you owed them... what makes you think they'll say, "Sorry, we shouldn't have been mean to you. Here's your $800 back." Now them bringing your child in the argument was wrong and you have every right as a mother to be upset. At the same time, they must have had a pretty good case on you if they threatened fraudelant check charges on you and then you found a way to get them the money. Just consider this debt paid. They won't give the money back. Consider yourself lucky that your child wasn't taken by social services so Mommy could serve some jail time. That's no place for a child... believe me.