Alex Ray or Fredrick Knowles / Fraud

1 SC, United States Review updated:

This person put a job posting on Craigslist for Charleston- South Carolina for a position as a PA. Said he is a busy lawyer and yada yada lies... The email below is the message in reply to my message about his Craigslist posting. I knew if something sounded to good to be true that it was, but after about 5 emails I finally googled the orphanage he mentioned and ended up find all kinds of bad stuff and how it is a scam!!!

Thanks for your interests in the position, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities..
I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.. My worries.

I'm Mr. Alex Ray, 39, from Europe, but I have spent a whole lots of time here in the US .I'm a Lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitorings..
*Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
*Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away.
*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.

Basic wage is $500 a week

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptue sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially.

I'm currently in the Queensland Australia now for a summit, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

Hope to hear from you again.
Regards.

Mr.Alexandre Ray.

Comments

• Ca
      4th of Sep, 2009

Thank you so much for posting this article. I responded to Alex Ray in a listing he made on Springfield, MO's craigslist.com for a PA. The reply I got was much the same that you recieved also. He was away in Austrailia on a summit and was going to send me a money order for several hundred dollars, of which I should cash the money order at my bank and deduct five hundred dollars for myself and then buy toys for an orphanage called Children's Motherless Home. These were my first two clues...No orphanage is called a "Motherless Home"...I mean...afterall, what child wants to say "Yeah, I live at the Motherless Home." There is no existence of the children's home he mentions. No professional (No matter what country he is from) will send a large amount of money to someone they have never met on an on-hire basis with no reference check whatsoever. It is a scam and if you cash the check or money order, it will only fall back on you. It is sad because people who are desperate for a job may land themselves in a bad situation with a predator such as this one. Please be realistic in your job searches no matter how rough times are at the moment...like they say, If it is too good to be true, then it probably is not real.

Best wishes.

Casey of Springfield

• Tx
      5th of Dec, 2009

I did the same thing. Got them emails and everything. Got a check for like $3000, but thankfully was skeptical and found this forum.