AlertUSA / They lost the returned equipment

United States Review updated:

AlertUSA, a lifeline company, located in NYC. Dealing with a Joe Garcia. Lifeline company: think "Help, I've fallen and can't get up", lost my return of their equipment.

They automatically charged our credit card to continue a service we cancelled. Fortunately, as the card had expired, and they didn't have the new one, payment was stopped.

When informed, we were instructed to return the equipment which we did. They LOST the return equipment.

They keep sending invoices, none of which agree or even seem to have much to do with each other. Their letters do not even address the issues I have raised with them, but just have become a standard, if you don't pay, your credit rating will be affected. Etc. And of course, the any further correspondence will be used for collection purposes.

To say the least, the company is uncooperative and clearly their billing/computer system is pathetic.

Anyone else having difficulties dealing with this outfit?
Va

Comments

Ma
  17th of Nov, 2008
Yes the customer service department that we called to report a defective smoke alarm that came "free" with the system has nasty people working there. They are uncooperative to say the least. They sent us fault equipment and now want my father to pay to ship it back and say if he does not they will charge him $100.00. He is 86 years old and he now wants to send the equipment (all of it ) back and get his money back. They said they would have to see about that. What an outfit!