Aldo Shoes (Online Purchase) / beware of buying aldo shoes online
I bought a pair of suede shoes from the Aldoshoes.ca website, had them shipped to the store, and when I went to pick them up, they were severely damaged and used. This is not the first time that this happened to me when buying shoes online. The same thing happened when I bought a pair of sandals, but the difference this time is that I needed these by a certain date since I would be travelling abroad for my sister's graduation. I asked for a refund since I could not take these damaged shoes home with me, but everything was refunded except for the shipping fee.
I was surprised that the shipping was not refunded for the damaged order for these reasons:
- I bought these shoes online and had them shipped to the store, rather than my home address (if I went into the store and ordered them, the shipping would be free) and I would assume that the store gets regular shoe shipments, so therefore it would not be a stretch to have the shipping refunded
- The Aldo shoes website has free shipping for orders over $75 and had I spent $6 more, shipping would be free. This makes me wonder that if they are able to offer free shipping based on how much a customer spends, then the same should hold true if there is a major problem for the purchase that the customer made online
- Finally, it is unethical for them to make me pay for their mistakes and not refund the total purchase price
When I phone Aldo Shoes customer service, I got the same story. I was told that I am paying for the UPS service to deliver the shoes to the store. If the shoes were not damaged, I would have taken them home with me but since they were, this was out of my control and I am still on the hook for a portion of the costs. Aldo shoes will not accept responsibility for their actions. After much negotiation with the telephone rep, I was given a 10% discount on my NEXT purchase -- which I appreciate anything at this point that hints that Aldo has any concern for customer satisfaction, it is useless to me since I already have a discount card that gives me the same % off with each purchase. I told the rep this and she told me there was nothing else they could do, which demanded even more negotiating and explaining the situation, at which point I was put on hold for a very long time and finally they raised the discount to 15%, or lets say $2.50 more off on a $50 purchase.
After this whole traitorous experience and having to deal with rude store employees and somewhat unhelpful telephone reps, I did not get my shoes in time or my shipping refunded.
Below are photos that I took of the damaged shoes that were given to me. I also wanted to add that the store staff immediately commented on the terrible condition they were in, but when it came to refunding the original shipping cost, they told me that their manager would definitely say that the shoes are not "damaged, " but just "dusty." These are definitely not dusty, but used, and worn, and need to be disposed of:
More Aldo Shoes (Online Purchase) Complaints & Reviews
- Aldo Shoes - awful, awful, awful 
- Aldo Shoes - sub standard customer service 
- Aldo Shoes - poor quality, overpriced, uncomfortable 
- Aldo Shoes - refusing to return refund 
- Aldo - bad service 
- Aldo - eryde heels from aldo
- Aldo Shoes / Mcmickle Dress Sandal - horrible quality shoes
- Aldo - horrible customer service 
- Aldo - high disrespect from aldo and no resolution for customer facing issues with brand
- Aldo - customer service