Aldobad service

Just wanted to share my unpleasant experience with Aldo this weekend. I went to the Easton location in Columbus, Ohio to find some shoes. The shoes I wanted they did not have in my size so they called Tuttle for me to put them on hold. I was told I had to pick them up that night because they dont like to hold on the weekend. I asked the gentleman what time they would hold them till I was told 10pm. So I went all the way up to Tuttle I got there around 9:15pm went through Macys out into the mall and saw gates were down. I went to Aldo and saw the lady a worker in the store. She ignored me. I knocked on the door and she stated they were closed not even giving me eye contact. I knocked again telling her my name and I had a pair of shoes on hold. She told me I should have been there by 9pm I tried to explain to her that the gentleman at Easton told me I could come and pick up the shoes till ten that I did not even leave the other Aldo store until around 8:45/8:50pm. She said that there was nothing she could do. She said I will be nice and hold them until noon tomorrow but they usually do not hold over night. I am upset about this situation because I have shopped at Aldo for many years. I felt that the gentleman who worked at Easton should have not told me I had until 10pm to get my shoes and the woman at Tuttle should of known I could not have made it to Tuttle from Easton in 10 min. Its quite upsetting that I had to stay in town an extra night to go 30min. to pick up a pair of shoes. This miscommunication caused a lot of issues for me as well as a lot of wasted time and gas. No one every apologized or admitted wrong duty. This situation will not cause me to stop shopping at Aldo because I do truly love the shoes and prizes but I did want to bring it to someones attention.

• P
      Sep 11, 2008

Sounds like you need to start shopping a little earlier and stop making a bid deal out of a minor scenario...those having worked worked retail before know that registers can be closed and store employees, wherever you happen to be can't always help even if still in the store. In your story the gentlemen giving the time is at fault for that for sure, he should have known the proper hours, but that is as far as it has weight. Knowing mall hours when shopping at the wire is more the customers issue.

• C
      Oct 09, 2008

Well guess my experience isn’t as bad as your, but I would agree some Aldo employee is rude and careless. I went to Also Store at Easton yesterday looking for a pair of shoe. The two ladies that were working there pretty much ignored me and seem to spend more time gossiping about something. It took me 2-3 try just to get some service. The service itself was horrible anyway. I made my decision to purchase the shoes and a white belt. They drop the white belt during the check out process and seem to be stepping on it. By the time they pick the belt up it looked like shi* lol. I just look at my friend and said awesome, shake my head and left.

• T
      Oct 27, 2008

i am always amazed when companies such as this scratch their heads and cant figure out why business is bad. what ever happened to going the extra mile? good customer service is practically nonexistent anymore. what a shame.

Nov 06, 2008

I went to Aldo last night and bought a pair of shoes [90$]
    I tried them on in the store, they fit, i loved them.
    Once i leave the store, i went to the washroom first and decided to just put the shoes on cuz they were so cute & i was excited to try them out & see how they feel
    i wore them, literally, from the washroom to the parking lot.
    it was 5 minutes.
    and then i drove home.
    So i hadn't really worn them at all !
    But they were slipping out a bit at the heel, due to them being just a bit too big
    so i brought them back the next morning and asked to return them for a size smaller
    and the woman was SUCH a ### !
    she was like, have you worn these?
    and I said yes, for a few minutes to see how they feel. I was inside, and went directly to my car. 5 minutes walking.
    And she proceeded to telling me how I cannot return shoes i've worn, etc, etc. THEY WERE IN PERFECT CONDITION..
    So these 90$ shoes are too big for me and she wouldn't help me out at all. i only had them about 12 hours, and wore them for about 5 min !
    ugh !
    never going back to Aldo...

• J
      Nov 29, 2008

Anyone know if they wore a shoe outside they can't return them...that why I wried them on in my house and waled in them...so I can return them today for a smaller size--this wa the customers fault!!!

• R
      Dec 11, 2009

This always amazes me.

I ask you a question. You want a refund for that slightly worn shoe.

Would you buy it at full price slightly worn?

Obviously not, because you're picky and want to get your moneys worth, which is understandable.

But do some simply thinking. If Aldo refunds your worn shoes, they cannot sell it. No one would buy it. So when you say "I only wore it once" that doesn't really matter. You could have worn it a thousand times and it's still worn, therefore cannot be sold.

Aldo would lose tons of money and have lots of damaged prodcut if they did that everytime you bought a shoe the wrong size.

Moral of the story, don't wear the shoes out of the house and then demand a refund if you would not rebuy them at full price with the heel caps worn down and the sole scuffed.

Idiots.

Dec 30, 2009

I really do not like ALDO. They make you feel uncomfotable and rushed.
    Everyone is so rude!
    The lady who sold me the shoes outs only one boot in the box. I Was like, 'OKAY, I just spent 80 DOLLARS on boots, and your giving me one boot in the box?"

She did not even say sorry, she just rudley put the other boot in the box.

Really need nicer people to work at ALDO. Trust me, more people would buy things.

• F
      Jun 15, 2010

While I did not have bad service at Aldo I did have a bad experience with them. I bought a pair of brown dress shoes that I assumed were leather considering they were $70 and I was not in payless. Once I brought the shoes home and took them out of the box my entire bedroom smelled like gasoline or some type of chemical. I thought initially that this was that new leather smell, but as I looked online at the shoes I realized that they were synthetic, not leather. So at that point I really had no explanation for the ridiculous smell that these shoes had. I ended up taking the shoes back for a full refund, but I will never shop at Aldo again. I guess the idea is to make fake leather shoes and then spray them with a fake leather smell chemical to fool the customer. So bottom line is don't buy from ALDO.

Jul 24, 2011

I bought a purse a clutch with a wooden handle the very first time I used it the wood broke it cannot be fixed they wood not give me a credit because I did not have my bill. I had bought the purse a month ago and had no intentions of returning it, so I though the bill away .I shopped alot at Aldo about $200a month . Bit no more, they don, t care if they lost a customer plenty of other shoppes to choice from . I am very disappointed.