Aldi Inc. / letter

1 Batavia, IL, United States Review updated:

I have been shopping at Aldi�s since they opened their store in Wausau Wil . I am not a double your money back guarantee, gimmick, sort of guy. However I think you should know when a customer is not satisfied and I am not.

Over the years I have been disappointed by the purchase cornflakes that turned your milk green (we ate them and they weren�t bad, but that is unusual), Sardines that were full of eggs, (they were really bad, like old crunchy caviar gone bad) threw away 12 cans of them, and spaghetti sauce that tasted like lemons(we threw that away with a pound of browned ground beef, a pound of sautéed mushrooms, chopped onion, and a chopped green pepper) and ate our spaghetti with butter that night. Over the years there has been dozens of products that were off a little, not just right if you know what I mean, but we ate them any way because we only went to town ounce a month and that was all we had.

I have raised 5 kids on Aldi�s food. They are all adults now, and say they would starve, before the would shop at Aldi�s. I still do but I am real careful about what I buy and I don�t spend much.

Ga

Comments

• Ae
      8th of Aug, 2009

I went shopping at the aldi in Harvey Il, 60642 15900 s. wood street today. Today, I discovered that it should be the last time I will shop at another adli store. I purchased a small bag of trail mix and inside it was sealed a long strand of hair. I am very disgusted and unsatisfied with the way aldi cares for the food, that they intend to sell to their consumers. Not only do I find the long piece of hair inside the package of trail mix disturbing and upsetting, lots of aldi food seems to be not so healthy. You'll find the cereal a little bit more crunchy than what it should be for a small example, some of the food from there should probably not be eatin. I am no longer satisfied with aldi food, and prefer not to shop there any longer.

• Aw
      5th of Oct, 2009

A WEBBER
    I PURCHASED YOUR HAPPY HARVEST CREAM STYLE CORN A FEW DAYS AGO 4 CANS AT $.49 AT THE STORE IN BRIDGEVIEW ILL, I HAVE BOUGHT THINGS THERE BEFORE AND HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY THIS CREAM STYLE CORN WAS TERRABLE. COSE #4149812059 CORN WAS ALL WATER NOT CREAM STYLE

• Mi
      15th of Nov, 2009

Sure Aldi prices are low, but consider the extra, non-monetary, costs...
    Their staff members get away with whatever rude treatment they want, sometimes there are no real managers around and you can't even call the store to complain later because there are no phone numbers. The only info on their website is postal mailing address information. Not even an e-mail address.
    You can wait in long lines because there's only one checker.
    You bring your own bags, do your own bagging, do your own cart return.
    Most of their canned-goods have additives I won't tolerate including too much salt, even the simple canned veggies. Who knows where the items are canned.
    Their veggies and fruit come from who-knows-where, sprayed with who knows what, grown by who knows who, and often goes bad in a day or two and home because it sat out so long at the store. (These aren't accusations, just questions).
    I personally would never go near their pharmaceuticals even if my life depended on it.
    If something bad happens at the store or with a product, good luck finding anyone who cares.
    How do you trust a company that does everything conceivable to avoid contact with its customers, except collecting their money?
    It seems like the Aldi motto is "Shut up and spend your money".
    After running in to a repulsively abusive employee, while no manager was around, we stopped shopping there permanently.

• Mi
      15th of Nov, 2009

I was just reminded by another complaint, Aldi is also very good at advertising things in their newspaper ads that don't seem to be in the stores when you get there. If they advertise a good deal on a camera, for example, don't count on seeing any in the store even if you go early. They always say "oh we had them, but the sold out immediately". I wonder if they only had two of the items in stock.

• Ha
      15th of Jan, 2010

I appreciate that value that one finds at Aldi's. Still, I would like to know the origon of some of the Aldi products. The toilet paper (12 rolls for $4.79) has bugs. I noticed little bugs crawling around my usually bugless floor. I put the remaining ten rolls in the bathtub for later inspection. Later, I discovered the teeniest, tinest bug...on only one roll but I'll keep looking and will probably purchase paper products elsewhere in the future. And, where oh where does the cat food originate?

• Ti
      21st of Jan, 2010

After being told by the surly cashier that it is Aldi's policy to throw the items for which I am about to give him money and that I am not being forced to shop at aldi's so I can go some place else...(this is not a lie!!!) I asked to speak to the manager..lo and behold, he was the manager and continued to be rude and uncooperative. after much searching, i did finally find a phone number for Aldi's Mr Juliet Division( located in Tennesee...I live in Al) on line and did speak to someone in customer service. look on your reciept to see what divison you are in and try searching with that information. fyi: 615-449-8840 Stephanie Watkins was very polite and promised she would have the district manager call me with 2 days. I am rethinking my loyalty to this store that has made it's owners billions of dollars. I don't need to buy cheap milk and butter all that badly and will save myself the inevitable trip to a real grocery store to pick up the items that they simply don't stock or i refuse to subject my family to...

• Gr
      22nd of Feb, 2010

860-682-2742 Customer Service number for ALDI. Wrote a letter to Aldi and they did a reverse look up on my address to find my phone number. They have now been calling 2x a day for the past four days and I have no interest in talking to them on the phone. They don't provide phone numbers for their staff yet they can stalk me down? They can write me a letter if they have something to say.

• Ta
      12th of Apr, 2010

hi there i went shopping at aldi at cowra nsw on Friday 2.4.10 i went and bought 2 packets of out of date chocolate that were ment to be 1.oo per pack i was charged 7.00 when i was ment to be 2 bucks im not happy at all i would like to know who is going to take responsibility for this i would like my shopping money refunded this is the third time ive been ripped off from the same store and its the last time its i will be reporting this to fair trading enough is enough it is a sleazy way to make money thease bumms should have benn put in the bin they were not fit to eat i had to frow them away

• Al
      25th of Oct, 2010

I am an employee at Aldi and why I agree with 99% of what I've read so far I would like to put my 2 censt in. Why is it that any other company dont allow there managers to fratanize with there employess but at my Aldi only certain 2 cashiers play volleyball woth her, and the same 2 go to her house for girls night, and the same 2 dont like to work weekends or nights so the manager says we need to hire someone else. Or how about the poor girl who came in and ask the store manager for an application and she told her " we are not hiring right now but I can give you one" and the funny things is why if we are not hiring did we just have an interview the day before? Oh yeay thats because the interview was the assistant managers sons girlfriend. hmmmm more favortizim.

• Gg
      12th of Dec, 2010

Me and my husband went to an Aldi for the first time on 12-11-10. Clermont Florida. My employee's raved about it and said prices where great. Why not we thought, so lets try it. First off the store is small we knew that, items are limited we knew that. Bag your own and pay for your cart, we knew that. So why the fuss? Well the customer service sucks!! The cashier didn't speak a word to us, she was ringing stuff up so fast and throwing it into our cart. She never looked once over at the cart, she never paid attention to all the can goods, crushing anything important, nor did she notice my husband frantically trying to bag stuff as she kept hitting his hands with can goods. All said and done, we had 7 can items dented, chips crushed, crackers broken and a bruise on my husbands hand. In the end she said " one hundred ten dollers and thirtysix cent, slide your card there" That is all she ever spoke to us. It was a horrible check out experience. My husdand later said to me in the car. "Really to save a few bucks?" I compared recepits with Wal-Mart and it's really a few bucks we saved. I'll pay more just for the customer service. I don't think my husband will be going back.
    Ginger

• La
      16th of Jan, 2011

You were reading a complaint about Aldi Grocery.

Filing a new complaint about
    I was shopping at Aldi in Lancaster, Ohio today, we only have one location. I can never remember a quarter for the cart and rarely carry cash much less change. So, I long ago solved this problem by having a quarter with a hole drilled into attached to my key chain. I put it in, get my cart and when I am done shopping I put the cart back and viola! I have my keys back. In my opinion no harm no foul and I don't have to remember to bring a quarter. Meanwhile, today I am checking out the male manager starts to pull up another cart to put my groceries in. Now, my cart was empty and I was pushing it toward him so he didn't have to get up. I said no, my keys are attached too this one and I need for you to use it. Suddenly this man began screaming! "I don't ever wanna see this again, these devices cost a hundred dollars a piece! Don't you ever come into my store again and do this!" The whole store was crowded and everyone was looking as if I had done something wrong. I said "what is the problem?" He still very loud said "you jammed a key up in their, if you ever come back her and don't want to use a quarter come in and ask if someone will give you a quarter!" I was mortified and didn't not either want to start crying or punch the guy straight in the face so I hesistated, before I said anything. I said "you do realize that is real quarter in there and not a key?" If he'd bothered to look he would have seen that. His reply was, "well, just don't do it again in damages my carts". I was mad, I neeeded the groceries and didn't want to have to go elsewhere so I just let him ring me out and took them out the door. I didn't even stop to bag them in the store. I bagged them at my trunk and took the cart back. When I was taking the cart back so I could release the quarter along with my keys and older man stopped me and wanted to know what I did to have that guy act like an ***. I told him the story and showed him the quarter. He said if I were I'd march back in there and show that azzhole that quarter. So I did, he didn't apologize his only reply is don't do it again. I don't know what his problem is but, I will to continue to tell this story until I get an apology.

• Wn
      24th of Jan, 2011

those came from walmart not aldi its not one of their brands...

• Tr
      22nd of Dec, 2013

I purchased a box of generic Bisquick from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. When I opened it today, I found that it and the box where infested with live bugs. Needless to say, I had to clean out my cupboard and threw away like $100 worth of food just to be safe. Ridiculous and disgusting!!!