Albertsons / precooked turkey dinner

32900 Riverside Dr #91
Lake Elsinore Ca 92530

To Whom it may concern,

I purchased the turkey dinner package for Thanksgiving. The deal was $49.95 for
turkey, gravy, dressing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.
I am going to assist you in doing a better job with the dinner and your customers.

1. Be sure the customer knows in advance that the turkey will need to be heated for at least 2-3 hours and possibly thawed before hand. There was NO mention of that at all when I ordered the meal. I was under the impression that I would be picking up a freshly cooked meal. So much for thinking I would be saving time and work by going this route.
2. As for quality where do I start? Does any body bother to taste the recipes?The gravy did not taste like turkey gravy and had some odd taste to it and was very salty.
3. The mashed potatoes were partially frozen and they had the odd taste as well. Their consistency was too thin and to be honest not good at all. How someone can mess up simple mashed potatoes is beyond me. Here's an idea, use potatoes, butter, a little milk and some salt and pepper. That way they will taste like potatoes.
4. The dressing was very dry and almost like crumbled up stale cornbread. Maybe gravy would have helped but not the stuff that came with the meal.
5. The cranberries were not bad if you like ice cream topping. Hey they were the only thing I didn't have to cook. I don't know if Albertson's does their own preparation or if they use the lowest bidder or the local prison to cook it.
6. Let's talk turkey. The breast was like the Mojave desert and the seasoning on the skin was not good. I got comments like "why does the skin look weird"?The dark meat was ok as long there was no skin on it.

To sum it all up it was shockingly bad. It all went straight to the trash No yummy leftovers to send home. No turkey sandwich later on. I apologized to my family and guests and headed for Del Taco. Quality control is everything and " that's good enough" does not work if you want satisfied customers. The cooks should taste something once in awhile to assure good flavor. Maybe hire someone's old granny or aunt to taste the food. Who approves the recipes? Is it someone who is afraid to say "this tastes terrible" for fear of losing his or her job?
I dare you to serve the board of directors this meal. And no fair fixing it up.
Just use it off the shelf like I did.

SERIOUSLY, someone who knows what they are doing needs to rethink recipes
and instruct the Albertsons employees regarding the info they need to give a customer regarding the prep required and the time it takes.

I'm not just some guy who had a bad day. You SERIOUSLY have a problem with this meal. Right now I would NOT recommend it to anyone. Good news travels fast but bad news travels even faster.

Sincerely,