Alberta Energy Savings L.P. / Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy and....

1 PO Box 2660 STN MainEdmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 780-310-2372

Alberta Energy breached the FOIP act...gave my information to JustEnergy.com regarding my contract which is ending soon (finally)

Today a JustEnergy "Independent Contractor" is knocking on my door...actually banging like my house is burning down, but I'm not answering the door...he drops his business card in my mailbox. Says he is from JustEnergy and a note "call me regarding AB Energy renewal"...so I am wondering how he would know this.

A call to Alberta Energy about my Info being handed to more Utility contract scammers...they claim that JustEnergy is kind of a partner...going to be taking them over ect yet when questioned about FOIP she claims a letter was sent out but I must not have got it yet...I said no obviously I did not however I did get your bill...later in the phone conversation she claimed that they are not partners or an affiliate company of JustEnergy.

Just the typical runaround you can expect from Alberta Energy Savings and most likely JustEnergy too...even if they are not affiliated

The Contracts they pressure you to sign up for a a total rip off...you will pay more then you would sticking with ATCO

If you have just signed a contract with these con artists...you have 10 days to get out of it (Alberta Law) I would strongly suggest canceling it.

As I told the lady at Alberta Energy Savings (hahaha misleading) that I would never sign up for any of their BS contracts or any of their partner, sister or affiliate company and they can tell their Sales people to never come to my door again.

Comments

• On
      25th of Jan, 2010
    Alberta Energy Savings L.P. - Cost and Pricing
    Alberta Energy Savings L.P.
    100-10525-170 Street NW
    Edmonton
    Alberta
    Canada
    Phone: 780-310-2372

These are the biggest crooks around. After the gas and electric utilities became deregulated in alberta anyone can become a retailer of these service's. Crafty marketing and misleading information is what these door to door salespeople bring to you. Slam the door in there face and say "You have five seconds to leave my property or i will expire your contract".
    That will wake them up and stop operating in alberta.
    Call them and give them a piece of your mind.
    Enclosed is what they show and tell you when they come to your door.
    Do not sign a contract.
    Here are there phone numbers...
    780-310-2372
    1-800-605-7925 outside alberta
    1-877-969-7052

• On
      25th of Jan, 2010

Thanks will call them and give em a piece of my mind.

12th of Feb, 2010

I totally agree with above ...high pressure tactics, liars & manipulators...possibly changing names or something to JustEnergy.com

17th of Mar, 2010

They are still hounding me...I have told them over & over to remove me and that I would not sign another contract with them ever again...yet the csuckers still send people to my door and call me to renew my contract...here is the most recent name and number of the rep:

Mike Dunn 780-934-4947

31st of Mar, 2010

Just found out from a friend's persistant research...what the UCA & your current retail contract ### won't tell you:

Direct Energy (lying contract selling ###) are not the same company as Direct Energy Regulated Services just coincidence their names are very close...

if you do not renew your contract for electric and gas with any of the retail providers (csuckers)you will not lose any service...when your contract expires you will be put back on the default providers which in Edmonton are Epcor and Direct Energy Regulated Services (not to be confused with Direct Energy)

the ### on the Utilities Consumer Advocate website do not list Epcor & Direct Energy Regulated Services as retailers either...

however the rates for Epcor & Direct Energy Regulated Services are way less then what the retailers on the UCA website's rates

With Alberta Energy Savings LP my rates are double these and have been for the last 5 years...

Legalized Robbery...

• Fl
      6th of Mar, 2011

Is it realy true ? If you buy out or come to the end of your contract, that you don't have to sign up with any retailer?I hear that you go back to the default provider.In Calgary I think that would be ATCO gas.I'm pretty sure their rates are much brtter than any of these money gouging retailers that we must deal with.If any one knows this forsure please e-mail me @ keith_gordon77@hotmail.com.