Albany Truck Caps / Defective

1 United States

I purchased an A.R.E. brand truck cap on September 18 2010 and had it installed on my Tacoma pickup truck. The cap cost over $1500 installed. After it rained, it leaked badly in five places so I contacted the dealer and they scheduled me in to look at it on October 8. After they looked at it they said they would contact me about repairs. On Oct 11, they emailed me and said they would contact me once they heard from the A.R.E. Caps manufacturer who they sent photos of the cap to. They have not contacted me since then and every time I contact them they say they are waiting to hear from the manufacturer. I had installed carpet and a wooden platform with drawers in the truck after the cap was installed, and water damaged that work and I've since removed and trashed it. I need to keep lumber and other gear in my truck bed dry and that is why I bought the truck cap. Upon closer observation it is apparent that the rear window/door to the cap is small and has been cut at each corner, shorter than the cap itself. The A.R.E warranty boasts that the the cap "body will be structurally free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as you own your cap."

Er