Alarm One / Terrible company

In Aug. 2005 I ordered Alarm One security services for my home when I lived in Phoenix AZ. I signed up for a 3 year contract and was transferred to a small town in the middle of the contract. I called Alarm One to cancel the service and buy out the remainder of the contract in May 2006. They talked me into keeping the service, even though I didn't need it. Well the end of contract was Aug 2008 so I again called in Aug. to make sure the contract was cancelled and they informed me that the contract states that (in small writing) if I did not notify them in writing 30 days before end of contract that they automatically renew for a ONE YEAR service. Well I did notify them in May 2006 and of course they have no record of this. So I am stuck with paying for another year’s service for something I don’t need. And Alarm Ones new contract today does not have this automatic yearly renewal it goes month to month after the 3 years is up, as it should be. How many people out there remember to call and cancel after 3 years? Not many I’m sure.

An

Comments

Gr
  3rd of Apr, 2009
Alarm One - Bad service
Alarm One

Alarm One located at 1601 east orangewood ave Anaheim Ca 92805 - I sent a letter to Alarm One to cancel services 30 days in advance of anniversary date of contract as instructed - When I contacted Alarm One they informed me they did not receive my letter and my service would be extended for one more year.