[Resolved] Alamo / stole my money out of my purse

CHA Airport, Chattanooga, TN, United States Review updated:

I rented a car in April 2015 from Alamo in Chattanooga, TN. I returned the car 6 hours later and left my purse in the car. I locked the car and returned the keys. I went back in 20 min and the car was in the wash bay. The Alamo attendants had gone through my purse and took all on my cask $330.00. They would not give it back and the airport police told me this operation was "very shady" and that they had numerous complaints. I spoke to district managers, corporate numerous times and they did not care or do anything to get my money back. HEY ALAMO - GIVE ME MY MONEY

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, May 18, 2015

Jen, we are always happy to help. We will gladly pass along a description of your item to the Chattanooga Regional Office for you, so they can keep a close watch for it. I have forwarded them your contact information so that they can contact you upon locating it, in order to arrange its immediate return to you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at [protected]@Alamo.com. Please reference 150518-003362. -Tatiana

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, May 18, 2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Jen. Please send us a detailed email to [protected]@Alamo.com with complete details such as: contact information and reservation/rental agreement number. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Please reference 150518-003362. -Tatiana

Je
Apr 23, 2015

Comments

•   Dec 04, 2008
    Alamo - Bad business practice
    Alamo

Alamo's web site lists a rental price at one rate but when you try to book the rate it changes to double the listed price. Calls to their customer service are met with unfriendly, unhelpfully and basically rude staff. Even the supervisors are rude and arrogant. It is apparent that Alamo is using deceptive business practices including false advertising.

• Ca
      Jun 20, 2009

Alamo: Why Charge me a hidden Fee?

Between May 10th and may 24th, 2009, I rented a Ford Focus through a travel agency in Costa Rica, from where I come from (turhokeanos.co.cr) with ALL INCLUSIVE in Orlando Florida.
    Every thing was fine, until they charge an extra $123.53 "Carefree Personal Protection" (CPP) which I NEVER order.
    Seems to be that the rental agent at the Orlando International Airport decided that I needed such insurance, but she never ask me for that, the only thing she said was: do you need a GPS in Spanish? I answered: I don’t need a GPS in Spanish. And she printed the receipt and made me sign with my initials.
    If I bought an ALL INCLUSIVE PACAGE to the travel agency, why I will need an additional CPP???? And I told her: give me only what is included in my reservation.

What I think is, she is getting a great commission, selling "extras" that customers don't order, don't need and don't know are paying.

Let me ask you: Will be the First and last time, I ever rent a car with ALAMO??
    Alamo: don’t take advantage of honest and hard working people, give my money back.

Carlos Calderon; from San José, Costa Rica.
    RA# 417108288 RES#449348689 Contract ID S00208NK