Alamo Rent A Car

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 by

undue payment

Boston Logan Intl Arpt, Massachusetts, United States
Dear Sir(s)
I rented a Mini Van Auto A/C in August 8th, 2017 at Boston Logan International Airport.
My RA # is 936896279, my RES # 289258707 EXT REF # R3L5YC5 . I paid some extras at the counter such as an extended protection per day and Toll pass device for the six-day rental of the car.
Last week I received a letter from you saying that the car I rented incurred tolls during my rental period.
As I said, I paid a toll fee during my entire rent, and I see no reason to be charged this fee for you.
Besides, my little bag was in the driver's seat, with all my credit cards and my identity and my driver's license were stolen when I returned the car at the Baltimore airport.
I had a loss of more than one thousand US dollars, due to this theft and still get an improper notification of you who I have to pay a toll incorrect of $ 36.70.
I'm already providing legal assistance to solve this theft that happened when I returned the car in Baltimore Airport (which I had to pay a $ 100 fee to return at another airport).
Attached follows the letter you sent me charging toll incurred during my car rental period.
As I said, I will not admit to being charged for a toll account that I paid at the counter, suggested by the seller, and that would cover all the tolls that I would have until I returned of the car on August 14, 2017.

Alamo Rent A CarAlamo Rent A CarAlamo Rent A Car

Updated by Adriana Almeida, Oct 13, 2017
I did not have a good experi ence renting the Alamo car. I rented the car in Brazil, and according to the first rental agreement, passed to me by email, it did not talk about extra expenses. The day I picked up the car at Boston International Airport, the salesman who received me charged me for other fees and made me buy a toll pass that would be worth the car's rent every day. This seller did not tell me anything else about extra charges to pay for the tolls. Furthemore, the day I returned the car to JFK International Airport (08/14), I forgot my little purse in the driver's seat, which contained 400 dolars in cash, all my credit cards, my ID, and my driver's license. As soon as I realized that I had forgotten my little bag, I returned to the same place that I returned the car, I asked the manager for help. The rented car was already in the wash process. They brought the car for me to check and I no longer found my little bag. I was absolutely sure that I had left my little bag in the driver's seat. The boy who took my car to be washed was no longer at work. The manager Vincent Tanamal advised me to go back to the hotel and wait until the next day as they would check out the cameras installed in the return area and see which people got in the car. No one answered me by phone or email my request.When I returned to Brazil, where I live, I again contacted someone at the Alamo who could give me some feedback about the videos and about my little bag. The only person who helped me on the Alamo was Ms. Lisa Piscopo, who said she would check out the videos. Briefly, nothing was achieved and I was told that only I could be in touch with the stores that my cards were used. Since I had canceled all my stolen cards, you could not charge this extra (which I was not warned) about the tolls. I will not have any more damage to this luguel by car. Therefore, if you do not solve the theft of the small bag, I will seek legal aid. What I should have done on August 14, after I checked the car, was to call the police. In addition to not calling the police, you still want to charge me for tolls that I have not been told. When I rented the UNIT from you to stick at the windshield for the tolls, I thought that nothing else I would pay. YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME ON THIS CHARGE EXTRA. No contracts have given me about toll fees. Therefore, I do not think I should pay the tolls because no contract gave me to read and be aware of. At that time I still asked the Alamo attendant if renting the drive to the tolls, I would have to pay something else. He reassured me that I would not pay anything more for tolls, that there would be many along the roads that would pass.
Sincerely,

Adriana De Almeida
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Car Rental

Comments

N  12th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Adriana Almeida, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email ehiescalationscc@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree