[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / fraud charges
I have been a victim of fraud charges from Alamo rent a car In Spain (bilbao office). I took the car with a reservation from the Bilbao Airport. I did not take any insurance while reserving. The officer handling my car offered me an insurance package which he said will be the best. I agreed and Paid the amount (263Euros- Rent + Insurance). This charge was mentioned in the contract. I got the car in good condition. Everything fine so far.
My drop point was in Bilbao train station. The officer handling my car over there was Mr Christian. He inspected the car, full fuel and no damage and the car is in perfect condition. I asked for an invoice and asked him if there is any other charges that i should be paying, even though i know there is nothing as i paid in full while taking the car. He said everything is fine and the invoice will be sent to me by email.
After i left Bilbao, they deduct 84 euros as one way dropping charge.
THERE IS NO ONE WAY DROPPING CHARGE AS I DROPPED IN THE SAME CITY.
By that time i was already in Madrid. I contacted the Alamo office in Madrid and they said it was a mistake from Bilbao office and it should be refunded.
Till now no response from Bilbao airport as i have sent multiple emails to Alamo.
i got all the proofs with me.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Oct 25, 2018
Farusil, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences and we recognize how disappointing this must be for you. We would like to look into this further for you. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this situation. Thank you. – Carol H.
More Alamo Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - over charged and customer service is the worst. please stay away from alamo rent a car.
- Alamo Car Rentals - non-refund of money owing