[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car

Posted: Sep 17, 2017 by

broken down rental/overcharged for replacement

Johnstown, New York
To whom it may concern:

9/2/2017 rented from ALAMO, Dallas Tx, paid for premium rental and received a beautiful 2018 Cadillac suv 800miles on it. On 9/3/2017 the car broke down in 4 lanes of traffic had to call the police to get us out of harms way as per the representative with Alamo, as the car could not even be put in neutral to push off the road. The police had to call tow truck because we were in grave danger due to oncoming traffic at 80 miles an hour. The police had to bring us to our hotel that were on the way to at approximately 12:00pm. I contacted Alamo for a replacement vehicle and was told we would not get one until they receive the vehicle that broke down. This is understandable and gave all the information to Alamo of the tow truck company. I followed up with Alamo a few hours later and was told they had gotten ahold of tow truck company and they would have car in about 90 minutes and they would then dispatch new rental to us at the hotel and that would be around guesstimate of 5:30-6 pm. I waited alittle longer giving them the benefit of doubt and called Alamo about 7:30pm. Alamo representative said oh it shows here you have your car already. I said no we do not I have been without a car now for almost 8 hours, loosing an entire day of my vacation. The representative then says hold let me look into this, then comes back on the phone and says oh sorry the last person you talked to never put in a order for a replacement car to be dispatched to you. I said I don't care what you have to do I want a car to me tonight and it better be a premium car that is what I paid for and again I repeated premium car. At 10:30pm 10 hours later we got a car, IT WAS A FULL CAR CHEVEY MALABU AND I REPEAT FULL SIZE CAR NOT PREMIUM CAR THAT I ORGINALLY PAID FOR AND IT WAS A VARY USED PIECE OF JUNK, VERY UNCONFORTABLE. I do know the difference in what is premium and what is full size I rent a lot, travel a lot and this was my first time with Alamo. I guess I should has stuck with Dollar rental. I was not happy we were driving around Texas for a week to look at towns to move to. I should not be charged for a premium car and I should get credit for a day that we lost due to your car breaking down and we got stranded.

Unhappy Customer,
Todd and Annette Looman
rental#1240937460
contract# 227264910

ps.
I would appreciate someone contact me about this situation.
you have my contact information with my account.

Resolution statement

Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Sep 19, 2017
Todd and Annette Looman,
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that the safety of you and your family are a primary concern. I have forwarded your comments to our team at our Dallas Love Field location. I have asked that they review your experience and contact you directly. As this may take several days, your patience is appreciated.
Respectfully,
Carol
Incident ID is: 27999420
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree