Alamo - Raleigh / deception/ poor car prep
Although I reserved a full size auto, they tried to convince me that a Toyota Corolla fit the bill. I didn't fall for this, and got a LaCrosse.
Do I want insurance coverage? No, I said, but found that later they charged me for Roadside service.
Agent then wanted me to pay $10 a day extra for an extra driver. My wife was standing right next to me. I refused, but later found that one's spouse is an authorized driver without extra charge. Did he ask if the lady next to me was my spouse? No, he was going to have me pay extra and not bring up the spouse issue.
Rented the car at about 78 degrees. Temp dropped to about 58 degrees overnight. In morning, had warnings on dash that both rear tires were under inflated. Would not have happened if they had checked tire inflation before renting the car to me.
Car had locking lug nuts, but no special key in the car to remove the nuts. So, I would not have been able to change a flat tire had one occurred.
You have to watch these cheats like a hawk, or they will slip extra charges in and give you a crap car just to get you gone.
More Alamo - Raleigh Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo Rent A Car - billing - I was advised I could use my cc to rent and do the "hold" then use my debit card to pay the final bill.
- Alamo Rent A Car - overcharged on car rental
- Alamo Rent A Car - unprofessional behavior by a alamo on-site manager at miami international airport
- Alamo Rent A Car - not refunding my money due
- Alamo Rent A Car - customer service at new orleans airport/kenner, la