Alamo Flooring Company / Bad Install and Follow-up

1 946 North Loop 1604 East, Ste 130San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 210-745-2975

It all started out great. They came out to the house to give us a free estimate and were able to compete with their competitors as far as pricing went. They took our money and set up our install. We were promised their best installer and we got everything but. There are spaces in between the boards throughout the install, jagged edges like they didn't know how to use a saw, and they scratched our brand new hardwood floor when they put our furniture back into place. I have been calling for three weeks now and keep getting all these promises and NO ACTION!!! This was the worst experience and we should have NEVER gone with them! Don't make our same mistake!!!

Dn

Comments

Dn
  2nd of Apr, 2009

All they wanted was our money and we never heard from them again. Crappy customer service and if I had money for everytime I heard them say "I'll get right back with you" I could pay to put hardwood down upstairs!!!

Mg
  8th of Apr, 2009

It took an entire month for someone to finally get back to us on our warranty work. A whole month since the initial install. They were rude and unprofessional. DON'T EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Ck
  2nd of Jun, 2009

I hope an educated consumer realizes that there are two sides to every story. I know the whole story here. The wood was laid on a 45 degree angle at the entry and the carpet was tucked next to it. Because of the angle, you may some points, but that doen not mean it was poorly installed. The tile at the entry was pulled for free, and the estimate recieved was the best. The installer is well known here in SA and has a reputation for being one of the best. In fact, he works for many other stores, so if the customer decided to go with another store it's possible they could have had the same installer. Just would have paid more for the product. As for the warranty, the furniture was set back about two feet from the wall to allow the customer to reconnect their electronics. The scratches mentioned just happened to be within those two feet. Yes, I am suggesting the customer did it and Alamo Flooring went and replaced it for free. Like other stores, Alamo Flooring sub contracts their labor. If a sub contractor misses an appointment, well these things happen. It shouldn't reflect so poorly upon the store. Alamo Flooring bent over backwards to please this customer and they have completley overreacted. At the time of final payment, the customer gave a check and asked Alamo Flooring not to deposit it for a few more days. How many other companies do you know of who would this for their customers??

2nd of Jun, 2009

For your information, it was not just points where the carpet met. It was a half an inch pionts running up and down. It looked like a saw blade. As for the front tile being torn up "for free" everyone who came out to do their bid aslo said they would do it for no charge. I can not believe you are going to put the blame on the scratches on the floor on us. Your guys moved it not us. They were the ones who put the furniture back again not us. And you also seem to NOT note that when the contractor finally came back out his truck leaked oil all over my driveway. When he completed the repairs he thew all of his trash, including nails and big chuncks of wood in my grass. I picked up a total of 7 nails from him. We have 2 children who play in the front yard and that is not very professional of him. We liked you at first. We did not go with you because you were the best deal. 2 other companies came in lower than you. We just felt right with you. WE WERE OBVIOUSLY FOOLED!!! If I could have the chance I would have chosen someone else atfer the way you have treated us. Let the people decide. I promise we bent over backwards more than they did. Good luck and let me say this one more time. I would not use this company again. We know the true story. We lived through it. You were never out here to inspect the job after it was so called "completed"

27th of Nov, 2009

I agree with the customer here. My only regret is that I did not post my comments in November 2008 to prevent other distatisfied consumers. Alamo Flooring is awful. For what was suppose to be a 1 week job ( tile two bathrooms shower and floor) turned into a 3 month headache and I have the pictures to prove it! A year later, my handyman was replacing the base-board in the jack-and-jill bath, and the tile behind the toilet was still very loose. Please Please listen! If you are considering Alamo Floor I have THREE wordS. DONT DO IT!

27th of Nov, 2009

you are so correct! Before the job started they asked for funds for materials only; however, we paid them 50% of the total cost. The day that they was suppose to show, they did not: we actually called our credit card company and requested a stop payment. Later, one of the partners (there are two owners) called us and gave a sorry excuse as to why they did not show (we were fooled also). All the signs that this would be a bad experience was there, we ignored them. And the so-called qualityemployee, let's call him Ja...(the quality inspector) he is a joke...I should have been paid his salary. There is also a huge lack of communication with the "two partners/owners". After discusing my situation with one, the other called and threaten to report us to the credit bureau!

1st of Dec, 2010

Please note Alamo Flooring in now called "Home Flooring" Please do not use this company

Fl
  16th of May, 2011

Is this the same company though? I received a coupon in the mail, and thought I would visit their showroom tomorrow? Did ownership change hands (and therefore, installers too)?