[Resolved] Alamo Car Rental / car damage scam
Rented an Alamo car March 4, 2014 at the Tampa airport and returned to same airport. I did a walk around of the red Impala in a poorly lighted garage and did not notice damage although difficult to see. On return the attendant advised that I would need to pay for the dents on the rear trunk lid spoiler...my response was what dents? On a close look there were indeed dents in the top back edge of the trunk! This damaged had not been caused by my use. Furthermore, had car parked in a secure under building garage. I am suspicious of damage being caused in their own wash process but that is a scenario you can't get someone else to pay for.
Frankly, after reading countless similar accusations by Alamo I will do everything I can to cause further investigations and others with similar experiences must do the same. Effective immediately Alamo is removed from our personal travels and all our corporate rentals. This activity smells and at some point someone is likely to expose the scam.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Mar 25, 2014
RHauser, our team would like to make the proper management aware of your concerns. Please email us at: [protected]@Alamo.com. Please include your contact information, rental agreement number and any additional details you would like to share about your experience. Please attach reference #140325-002940 to your email.- Thank You. -Christina
More Alamo Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - over charged and customer service is the worst. please stay away from alamo rent a car.
- Alamo Car Rentals - non-refund of money owing