[Resolved] Alamo / car rental

Newark, NJ, United States

I'm completely frustrated and disappointed with Alamo.

I planned a trip with my husband to Letchworth State Park last weekend and I was extremely excited to go. Fall is at its peak right now and to see the leaves changing color next to the Park's waterfalls would've been amazing.

I booked a hotel ($120), a car, the car insurance ($18)and everything was settled to travel on Saturday (October 21st) in the morning.

So, on Friday night, I left my best friend's birthday party really early to wake up 6am on Saturday. I took the bus to Newark ($17) and got at Alamo's desk at 8am. However, when I gave my license and my card, they told me they could not accept debit cards. I was really chocked because the website says they accept debit card. I made sure of it before renting the car because I knew this was a possibility. I asked if my husband could use his credit card, but, since he doesn't have a driver's license, they told me that was not possible either.

I could not do the romantic trip I was planning with my husband and really soon the leaved will be gone.

Alamo

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Oct 25, 2017

Isabella Leite Lucas, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this situation. Thank you. – Carol H.

Is