[Resolved] Alamo / car rental
I'm completely frustrated and disappointed with Alamo.
I planned a trip with my husband to Letchworth State Park last weekend and I was extremely excited to go. Fall is at its peak right now and to see the leaves changing color next to the Park's waterfalls would've been amazing.
I booked a hotel ($120), a car, the car insurance ($18)and everything was settled to travel on Saturday (October 21st) in the morning.
So, on Friday night, I left my best friend's birthday party really early to wake up 6am on Saturday. I took the bus to Newark ($17) and got at Alamo's desk at 8am. However, when I gave my license and my card, they told me they could not accept debit cards. I was really chocked because the website says they accept debit card. I made sure of it before renting the car because I knew this was a possibility. I asked if my husband could use his credit card, but, since he doesn't have a driver's license, they told me that was not possible either.
I could not do the romantic trip I was planning with my husband and really soon the leaved will be gone.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Oct 25, 2017
Isabella Leite Lucas, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this situation. Thank you. – Carol H.
More Alamo Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - over charged and customer service is the worst. please stay away from alamo rent a car.
- Alamo Car Rentals - non-refund of money owing