Al Verdi Law Group/ Loan Modification / Finally a Good Company

Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:

Hello, my name is Terri Felix I recently did a loan Modification with the Al Verdi Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at [protected] The gentlemen I worked with name was Cale Swanson.

Thanks again Al Verdi Law Group

Comments

• Co
      Sep 21, 2009

I have three homes being modified with them as well right now. The Al Verdi Law Group is consistently professional. I thought the same thing at the 60 day point as there is this waiting period that we have to go through. Once everything is submitted to my lenders we all have to wait 30 to 45 days for the lender to do their review. I know if you call them they will answer every time and will always call you back if you have to leave a message. My case is in the Beverly Hills location. If your case is not there then call their offices and ask where your case is and if you can have it moved to another location. They are always happy to oblige me on any request I have ... I can't imagine calling and not having someone pick up every time I have never experienced that where my case is being review. My Case Manager is Teresa and she rocks... You are lucky to have had your case reviewed at $2500 I know their fee's have increased but anything you pay them is worth it. Their issue is whether they will accept your case or not. My neighbor was turned down from the Al Verdi Law Group because they said they knew the case would be denied. They took on my cases for far more than you paid but two of my three mods are done and I got the same if not better than they said was a possible outcome. Good Luck in yours. If your case was accepted then you can expect to get what you want from them.

• Ri
      Sep 30, 2009

To all anonymous complainers:

The Verdi Law Group challenges one and all who think that defaming others online anonymously is altruistic, to first call our main office at 1-888-VERDILAW [837-3452] and ask for me or the office manager. All will receive prompt answers. If you are doing it out of malice you will be caught.

This post is absolutely false and has no basis in fact. This anonymous commenter has never contacted the Firm and is not client. Bogus, false and anonymous comments are the hallmarks of cowardice. Those who complain about Verdi Law Group, (or anyone for that matter) but don’t want to leave their true name with real contact information or even verifiable facts have three problems:

They are comfortable with lying because writing anonymously is lying about who they are.
    What they say is worthless because they don’t believe in themselves enough to express courage for their convictions.

They want no rational discussion because they can’t handle facts and don’t want to hear them.
    I have no respect for such people and neither should you. We all cherish our freedom of speech and I and all veterans and active duty service personnel have fought or given the ultimate sacrifice to preserve it. But defaming others cannot be tolerated. Free speech does not condone internet defamation.

We will continue saving our clients homes professionally and responsibly.

Sincerely,

Al Verdi

• Li
      Oct 09, 2009

Very nicely said Mr. Verdi. I hope my husband and I can afford to use your services for loan mod.

• Da
      Nov 06, 2009

I have definately got to disagree with the above comments about the Verdi Law Group. I have had a horrible time with them. First off, I started my modification process in April 2009 with a Company called the Accelerated Group (I paid them $2, 900 in advance - my mistake). The lawyer at Verdi Law Group was affiliated with this Company. While going through the modification process I had to make numerous calls both the mortgage company and to the Accelerated Group to find out what the status was on the modification. During this whole time I had 4 different people handle my file either because that left the company or were on vacation.

I finally find out in late August/early September that the Accelerated Group went out of business from poor management and that the Verdi Law Group was now handling my file. I contacted the main Lawyer indicating that I was very unhappy with their service and I was annoyed that nobody ever kept me in the loop regarding the status of the Accelerated Group or my loan. He was very condescending in his response back to me saying that he has save me all this money (PITI of 900 per month) since his Group has been handling the loan mod. I guess he forgot that I already paid him about $3k.

Anyway, I finally got my first mortgage modified however, I have never heard back from Verdi Law Group about my second mortgage! I emailed them 2 -times and just like with my first mortgage I am having a very hard time getting a response. I finally gave up with them and contacted the mortgage company myself and am modifying my second mortgage on my own. Geesh! Beware to anyone who uses this law firm - do not pay money upfront!

I too cherish my freedom of speech and have multiple family members serve in the US Marines - including my grandfather who served in WWII and was stationed in Hiroshima after the A-bomb was dropped.

DAVID L ROGERS, JR

• Mr
      Nov 17, 2009

Thank you, David, for what, in a way, is a "grumbling testimonial" for Verdi Law Group. It is difficult for some if not most clients in the loan modification process to accept that delays are caused by the lenders. It is taking even longer these days. The delays are frustrating for most people and for the Firm, as well. But the Firm's hanging tough and being persistent paid off for you, David. Your initial modification was achieved within 90 days!

The <$3, 000 fee was more than returned to you, David, as all the months of mortgage payment arrears were moved to the back of the loan. Over triple the loan mod fee, that's 300+% ROI !! The payment reduction will yield very significant savings each and every month for many, many years to the end of the loan. Please think of Verdi Law Group every time you write that check for the reduced mortgage payment.

Yes, the two emails were sent but you received a response from me on the 3rd day after sending the first. We are busy here and there were many flu related absences that week and you were in no jeopardy. David, a lot of people would love to suffer the "horrible" time you experienced.

Good luck modifying your 2nd. I mean that. If you need help call me anytime. You should be proud of your family's service.

Al Verdi

1--888-VERDILAW (837-3452)
    www.verdilaw.com

• De
      Dec 09, 2009

I too agree with David. This has not been a pleasant experience. I have called the office, only to get an answering machine, left messages and have never received a return phone call. I started this process with Cale but apparently he is no longer with the company. While he was with the company, I received phone calls from him keeping me updated on what was going on.
    I recently received court papers from my bank stating they were forclosing on my house. In a panic, I called to speak with someone. After being put on hold for over 15 minutes, Jessica came on the line. She requested that I fax her a copy of the papers so she could look them over. I told her it would be 6pm my time before I could fax them but that it would only be 5pm her time. She told me not to worry, she would stay and wait for the fax and call me after she received it. I never heard from her. I finally sent her an email asking her why she never called back and to please tell me what was going on with my modification. She replied that I now need another form before they can procede with my negotiations. She also stated that she never told me she would call me -what a bold face lie!! I have been in this process for 5 months!!! Thank God I did not pay all the money up front!!!
    Unfortunately for me, when I went online to check out this company the only remark here was the good one about Cale Swanson. I thought it would be okay since that is who I was dealing with but I guess he is gone now.
    I just want real answers by someone who knows what is going on and to know that I am not going to lose my house!! My husband is disabled and I can't afford to lose my house!
    We all have someone who has fought for our freedom and thank God that they did! But what that has to do with any of this is beyond me!! My husband is a disabled vet but apparently it doesn't mean much other than a bunch of written words. I want to see action by someone in this company!! I want to be done with this so I can sleep again at night. I'm sure that there is not one person in this company who is in fear of losing their home and all the security that comes from knowing you are safe from losing everything!!

Deb Kerins

P.S I think your little letter about anonymous complainers is a bunch of crap. People who don't leave their name are ususally afraid of retalitation, and people who put comments like yours are usually looking to cover something up. Sometimes the truth just hurts.

• De
      Dec 09, 2009

I want to add that it took you 11 days to respond to David's post. I really hope that you do not consider that prompt!!

• Da
      Dec 13, 2009

Deb-

Please check out the following website:

www.naca.com

I am glad that you did not pay money upfront. I was able to modify my mortgage on my own and it wasnt that hard. my second mortgage was with CITI Mortgage and they actually helped me along with it.

I wish you the best of luck

David

• Ve
      Mar 29, 2010

I have dealt with Verde Law and they FAILED in getting my loan modified and will not refund my money.Throughout the whole process every individual I dealt with was very RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL! I can go on and on but I'm just so emotionally exhausted from this experience that I will just say they are horrible!!...

• Rv
      Sep 13, 2010

Please do not trust Al Verdi Law group your money. They were smart enough to put a hand writing in my contract stating that a refund will be issued if they cannot modify my loan due to lender lack of participation. I took them to the small claims court and lost the case because the fact that the lender participates in loan modification programs, however, the judge missed to take in consideration that they had not done anything they were hired for and also the fact that I had never met or talked to an attorney and had to deal with none attorneys for the past 12 months.

Apr 23, 2012

Verdi law is a corrupt, dishonest and unethical firm that preaches false promises and preys upon people that really need help. I gave them up front money in the amount of $3000 early in 2009. By the end of 2011 my loan modification had never changed status. I never heard from them. I always had to contact them for answers or status. I never spoke with an attorney even when I asked to speak with one. It was always the same statement, "please send a copy of your latest bank statements and paycheck stubs."
    They also refused to refund my money and dared me to take them to small claims court.

• Cc
      Aug 30, 2012

The Law Offices of Al Verdi has helped my family a lot. I dealt with George. He was awesome and upfront. When my husband lost his job and found another one for a third of his regular pay we were very frightened of our future financial situation. I called the Law offices of Al Verdi after researching many law offices. I do admit that sometimes I wanted to hear more progress then what was happening, it was always waiting on a response from the bank. But, they are very busy and I had to trust that they were taking care of me. I had my modification done with them in 2010. It took a couple months. I came across this blog while looking for their phone number to refer them. I have referred them a few times now. I am surprised at the complaints, but I can see that if you don't have patience that it could get frustrating. These things take time and I was very pleased with my outcome. I am very thankful to them as they were able to save me about $1300 a month.They have paid for their services over and over by now. Not to mention I am still in my home to this day, thanks to Al and George.