AKAI LCD Television / Poor Quality

Rochester, United States Review updated:
Purchased an AKAI 32" LCD and within 14 months the main PCB board failed. Of course the waranty was for ony 12 months. The cost of the LCD was around $700 US and the quote to repair is over $1100 US. AKAI's customer service is absolutely terrible. Their products of very poor quality. Do not purchase and consumer electronic products from AKAI.
Ri

Comments

Da
  11th of Oct, 2008
I agree 100%. I had a Akai 32" LCD for 18 months and the Akai people not only didn't call me back, they never responded to the service company that I took to service the TV. Akai is horrible. Now, I have a 32" LCD that doesn't work. Wish I knew the CEO of Akai, I'd take this TV and shove it up his a*sh*le. $800 down the drain. I have contacted the Attorney General of my state about Akai's business practice. DO NOT BUY ANY AKAI PRODUCTS. They suck!
Er
  18th of Oct, 2008
My Akai also died when the warranty ran out and I can't seem to find a place to repair for a decent price. Looks like they are only good for about a year. I'm shopping for something better the picture quality is horrible compared to newer lcd's