AKAI Colour TV / Faulty Television

Akai colour television (model no.22fs -ctv) was bought on 16/09/2006 from Madurai meenakshi electronics, trichy-17, tamilnadu, India exactly after 20 days from the date of buying was not functioning when switched on, if the company was complained and asked for replacement they are not accepting our complaint and not responding properly.

A  16th of Dec, 2006 by
I also purchased Akai CT2929 model at Chennai on 29-Dec-2005.

It started malfunctioning during first week of Nov-2006. I lodged a complaint with their call center, but no one turned up for one week.

Whenever I tried to contact the call center, they gave me the service center number. The people at the service center are listening my words, talks too politely, but takes no action. I hope they are so cunning fellows, waiting for warranty expiration.

At last, after shouting with the field incharge, a smart gentleman came, attended the problem, and asked me to hand over the circuit board at their service center for further service. I have done so, and he brought the board duly serviced and fixed in the set. But , still the picture was stretching in the corners. He tried to recify it with his service remote control, but couldn't succeed.

I further lodged a complaint, after a week of non-response, I contacted the service center owner Mr. Vijay Baskar, and told the entire story. He told to look after the problem, but no response for a week long. When I contacted again the service center referring my complaint number, I was informed by them as my complaint WAS CANCELLED BY ME!!!

So, I have two options:

1. Crash the 29" TV in the dust bin, let the public in the city know about the quality of Akai;

2. Approach the Consumer Court.

Still, my TV's warranty is alive up to 29-Dec-2006!!!
A  20th of Dec, 2006 by
I also had similar problems of no response from Akai dealer and also from their office in Mumbai, then I spoke to Mr kaul, he is the service head and with his intervention my problem was solved. Try talking to somebody higher ups in akai
N  9th of Aug, 2009 by
I'm having the same problem with my television that's made by AKAI! My e-mails never get responded to no matter where I send them to on both their website and also; www.akaiusa.com. I don't know if I'll have to contact the Better Business Bureau or what, I'm just sick and tired of not getting any sort of response back and I'm really getting pissed off! My 32 inch LCD AKAI started messing up with an the first three months and I've been trying to get ahold of them for the past six months!

If anybody has a way of contacting them, if you would tell me I would appreciate VERY MUCH!