akai berry / Fraud / Theft

1 3007 Greene ST.Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-820-2656

Giant scam and rip-off: I ordered free sample with a shipping charge of $4.95 only to discover my Visa had been charged $86.13 There was no invoice in the product to indicate I was going to be billed. I called Visa and they were very familiar with a problem with FWM Laboratories because they had received many complaints prior to mine. When I got home today there was more un-ordered product from this company in the mail, again with no invoice . I immediately called Visa only to discover that FWM Laboratories had billed me another 2 times for $ 86.13 each. I had no choice but to cancel my Visa card on the spot to prevent the scam from repeating itself. I have tried many times to call this company only to be put on hold and no one ever answers the phone. This Fraud needs to stop now. I suggest that everyone affected by this scam contact the Attorney General of Florida, the Better Business Bureau and the Hollywood FL chamber of commerce to file a complaint. Thanks

Jo

Comments

• Bu
      2nd of Feb, 2009

credit card was charged for a unauthorized item whithin the 14 day cancellation or complaint time.

• Ed
      14th of Jul, 2009
    akai berry - Unauthorized Charges
    FWM Laboratories
    Hollywood
    Florida

This company should be put out of business by our government regulators. The company employees and execuitives should serve jail time for robbery. They offer you a free sample (all you have to do is pay $4.95 shipping and handling) and then bill you $39.95 monthly for additional shipments they say are "on the way" and can't be cancelled. I had to cancel my bank card to prevent them from obtaining these unauthorized charges.

• Ht
      15th of Jul, 2009

Failure to cancel the orders within the trial period results to charges of sometimes almost $90. You can also let fwm know of your situaiion by calling 866-949-0138. Say all your complaints to them and make sure you cancel your subscription.

16th of Oct, 2009
    akai berry - money taken from account
    Hastings, East sussex
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 07837753144

i ordered a free trial of akai berry and colan cleanse just having to pay shipping fee of £1.25 for each. i have had £75 pounnd taken from my account which my bank noticed and contacted me which i didnt know anything about it, i phoned this company who told me if i dont cancel after 15 days i would be charged the full amount and was told i should of read the small print which i did iwould not have ordered if i had seen that as 15 days would not be long enough to see if product was working! My bank is dealing with this on my behalf to see if they can refund me. As for this product it is a scam as all it done for me was to leave me feeling very bloated and didnt lose any weight whatso ever. So all who read this please take my advise dont bother go to slimming world'

• Je
      3rd of Sep, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me. This company should be put out of business for their fraudulent advertising... If you don't see the terms and conditions in the small print way at the bottom of the page you are had. I was charged to my credit card before I ever received the product. I was told this was the fault of the US mail and not their company.