Akai 25'' TV / Defective Product

1 India Review updated:

I purchased 25" Akai TV in August,2006. When I purchased this set I was told that the warrantee period of set is for a period of three years. As I am having another TV we rearly watched this TV set. Recently when starts watching this set it is observed that the screen having curve in both vertical sides instead of flat. I have lodged a complaint in your service centre last week and the service engineer has also visited to my residance and told us that the waranttee period of set is already over. Hence the set cannot repaired without service charges. I could not understand when set having manufacuring defect, Akai being a reputed firm, this type of minor defect should be rectified free of cost and gracefully. You might have heard recently that for sake of their reputation an automobile company and mobile company have given advertisement for announcing withdrawal or replacement of their products.

Comments

• Fp
      20th of Jun, 2008

I also had trouble with an Akai TV. I bought it 18 months ago and it no longer works. It simply does not turn on. It will cost me about $400 to fix it, and Akai said they would do nothing for me because the warranty expired 6 months ago. Do not buy Akai products. They do not stand by them

• Df
      11th of Aug, 2008

Purchased a 27" LCD TV in '06 for my bedroom which is watched at bedtime for short periods. To my surprise, this TV went out today, just over two years from purchase, appears to be the power supply. Calling Akai for service is like calling to outer space, no response and when someone did answer, she had no idea who to refer me to. A lesson learned...DO NOT PURCHASE an AKAI TV, it is a waste of $$$$$. Select a brand that will last and has backup if needed. We have Pioneer and Sony and no other brand will enter our home. Shame on you, AKAI!!!

• Al
      26th of Feb, 2009

The same here. Purchased an Akai TV over 2 years ago and now it no longer works because of power failure. There is no thought in my mind the manufacturer Samsung uses planned obsolescence making Televisions unusable after 2 or 3 years in use. For this reason i will no longer purchase any product made by samsung including PC Hardware.